Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Samantha and I adopted my first cockatiel yesterday(Eddie); I did a lot of research before adopting him and I want to give him the best life possible. But, today he has been screaming non stop even when I'm in the same room as him. I'm not sure what to do because I don't want to reinforce bad behavior, but I also don't want him to be stressed out and start plucking his feathers out. He was in a cage with a few other cockatiels when I adopted him so could he still just be scared that he's alone? I tried talking in a low voice and saying "shhh" but it hasn't helped. Please help!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also, and this may sound silly but I Googled “Calming sounds for cockatiels” and found some music on YouTube which might help? X

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi!
I feel your pain and I was just wondering if you had had any replies to your post? X
I have not but he grew out of it after a week or so, just ignoring him and putting ear buds in while he’s screaming and praising him/training him when he wasn’t. It’s a long process but worth it! Still screams every now and then but it’s only because of certain triggers like police sirens.

·
Registered
199 Posts
He was screaming for his friends / flock. Sometimes a tiel won't forget their friends for a very long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts