Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! i鈥檓 a new bird owner and i just got my white-faced pied tiel names ilo about 3 days ago. i joined this forum because as many new bird owners may be, i鈥檓 TERRIFIED to be a bird parent 馃槄. i mean i came into bird owning prepared; binged all cockatiel related youtube videos till my hands fell off. but there are a lot of things that those videos don鈥檛 show you! which is why i鈥檓 here, hopefully to get a even deeper understanding of the tiel world around me.
my baby ilo is three months old i believe. i bought him from a feed store where they hand raised him so he鈥檚 pretty much all used to humans which is lovely. he is a little too young for us to understand his gender, but i am hoping it鈥檚 a boy lol!! but if it turns out to be a girl that鈥檚 ok too :) he loves to sit on my shoulder and play with my hair and preen! he is still getting settled in so we make sure we give him his space alone too.
i am so happy to be apart of this community! and make new friends with the same interest as me.
- sincerely, ilo and his mommy

Registered
Same here. I鈥檓 a two week old cockatiel owne. My bird is a pearly Pied Lutino named mango. I did everything you did and more, but I was still stunned at how hard it really is. mine is 3 months old too, and too young to test it鈥檚 gender
Mango is tamed and cuddly now. Happy birdday. And enjoy being a parront .
Sadly I can鈥檛 add a pic but I hope I can show you later.
- mango the cockatiel (and his best friend)

Registered
Same here. I鈥檓 a two week old cockatiel owne. My bird is a pearly Pied Lutino named mango. I did everything you did and more, but I was still stunned at how hard it really is. mine is 3 months old too, and too young to test it鈥檚 gender
Mango is tamed and cuddly now. Happy birdday. And enjoy being a parront .
Sadly I can鈥檛 add a pic but I hope I can show you later.
- mango the cockatiel (and his best friend)
You have a beautiful bird. It is Pearl Pied not a lutino pied. Lutino bird has no dark feather due to lack of melanin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts