Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 10 year old cockatiel last week. First one ever. He's quite fond of getting petted around his red spots, right behind the spots, under the beak, and back and top of the head. Try to pet him anywhere else and he'll bite you (not hard, he doesn't put much pressure into his bites):pearl:

I've also got two budgies. While cute, they're pretty much terrified of everything, which from what I've seen is pretty typical. However, they're not afraid of the cockatiel. Sadly for the budgies, the cockatiel pretty much can't stand them. The female budge always tries to approach him when they're out of their cages together. Sometimes he squeaks at her and steps away but other times he lunges at her with his beak open. When that happens I put teh keet back in her cage.

I'm hoping they'll eventually learn to get along outside their cages. But for now, the cockatiel seems happy when I come home from work. Gets a little annoyed when I leave the room and he's still in the cage. He's not overly fond of "stepping up" but he'll do it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hello - welcome from Percy and me! :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hello hello! Welcome to the Forum :D Your Fids certainly are adorable! It'll be exciting hearing more stories about them :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts