Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I'm from the Netherlands and love to read on your amazing forum here, so I thought I'd introduce myself :) I hope my English is okay. It's been a while since I've used it.

I'm Monique, 33 years old and from 's-Hertogenbosch in The Netherlands. I started with just one cockatiel. His name was Saffier and he was an expert in talking and singing. He brightened my life, but unfortunately we had to put him to sleep last year after a serious incident with his paw. He had surgery twice, but it was clear that it would remain a problem. Unfortunately Saffier was not a cockatiel who would've been able to live happily with just one leg. To prevent suffering, I had to decide to let him go into a peaceful forever-sleep. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life.

I didn't feel like getting a new Tiel for a while, but I couldn't stand the silence in the house and got into a mild depression. So after some soulsearching we decided to get two new cockatiels. Joy and Jade entered our lives, and soon after that, Pyriet, Phoenix, Djinti, Amor, Aura, Hermes, Hera, Marabi and Diva followed. Yes, we have eleven cockatiels now and Aura and Amor are currently having three babies on their way with the fourth one due any day! They are my very first birdbabies and I couldn't be more excited! Although most people refer to them as 'ugly ducklies', I think they are breathtakingly beautiful haha!

I feel truly blessed with each and every one of them. They are all full of character. Six weeks ago our aviary got finalized and eight of our birds are currently outside. In time the other three will follow.

I hope it's okay to put up some pictures here :)

A few of my birds, from left to right:
Joy, a whiteface lutino (female); Amor, a primrose male and father of the 3 hatchlings; Hera, a pearl bronze fallow (female) and Djinti, a cinnamon pied whiteface (male).
In the front you can see Jade, a pied pastelface (male)

A few of them in the nighthouse, including Phoenix, a pearl cinnamon whiteface (female) and Hermes, a dominant silver (single factor) split to bronze fallow (male).

One of our two clearpieds. This is Diva :)

and in the front our other clearpied: Marabi.

And our aviary when they were still setting it up :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

Such a beautiful flock and a great aviary! :excited:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts