Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all :) My name is Charlotte but you can call me Foobzy. I live in the UK and have recently moved from Norfolk to Nottingham and I love it! Soon as I moved out I had to get my life-long dream of owning a cockatiel.

I've recently just bought a hand-reared Pearl Pied of just 3 weeks of age! :tiel5: I've decided to call it Kiki, isn't he/she adorable? I will be picking Kiki up to our new home at 12 weeks of age in August, I can't wait!

I love your forum and have been surfing as a guest, I thought it was finally time I joined to meet you all and join in the fun. Even if I haven't got my cockatiel yet haha! Wonderful to meet you all and I look forward to sharing our enthusiasm for cockatiels. :grey tiel::lutino::wf cinnamon::yellow pied::pearl:

I used to own 2 budgies called Cheeky and Charlie :rainbow::grey: So if anyone needs any advice on budgies and keeping budgies together, I am here to help.

-Foobzy-

Attachments

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Gorgeous baby, congrats! :clap: She/he looks a lot like my Mabel :love:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Percy and me. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Vikitiel and Tielbob, nice to meet you both. Thank you for making me feel welcome. I've only joined a day ago and I'm already addicted to this forum haha! There's a lot of really great advice on here!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh how could I forget?! Hello to both Mabel and Percy too :) Vikitiel, is Mabel in your signature? (I'm on a mobile device) I would love to see a photo of your gorgeous Mabel :)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Welcome from my boy and me! Your Pearl Pied looks gorgeous. :love:
Ah, I remember when I was waiting for my boy to be weened. It is so exciting when they finally tell you your tiel is ready for adoption. I went to the breeder, she opened the cage and my boy jumped on me and started preening me. It was love at first sight. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
littletiel said:
Welcome from my boy and me! Your Pearl Pied looks gorgeous. Ah, I remember when I was waiting for my boy to be weened. It is so exciting when they finally tell you your tiel is ready for adoption. I went to the breeder, she opened the cage and my boy jumped on me and started preening me. It was love at first sight.
Thank you littletiel :) Yeah I can't wait until I get that phone call to pick Kiki up! It hasn't even been a week yet and it already feels like a month lol because I'm so excited to take him home. I got a new photo of him today, I can't believe how much he's changed in just a week!
That's such a sweet story of yours, it was clearly meant to be for you both :) I would love it if I have that experience with my cockatiel!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Thank you littletiel :) Yeah I can't wait until I get that phone call to pick Kiki up! It hasn't even been a week yet and it already feels like a month lol because I'm so excited to take him home. I got a new photo of him today, I can't believe how much he's changed in just a week!
That's such a sweet story of yours, it was clearly meant to be for you both :) I would love it if I have that experience with my cockatiel!
Aww, Kiki is absolutely adorable! :love: I completely understand your excitement!
You are lucky that at least you have some photos. My breeder didn't have the Internet, so I really had to wait in trepidation until we finally met. :love:
I then thought it would be nice to have a family photo with his parents, but unfortunately I didn't think of it when I picked him up and when we went again a year later or so (she agreed to birdsit him while I was away) she didn't remember who his parents were... :(

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks littletiel :) I've got 6 weeks to wait yet until Kiki comes home. I seriously cannot wait! Yeah, Karen's a great breeder. She gave me her mobile number too in case I need advice at any time. Even after I've brought Kiki home. She's very passionate about her birds. Aw, to be fair if I bred cockatiels often, I wouldn't remember who the parents were either. I haven't seen Kiki's parents, it's a really sweet idea :3

Dislian, Thank you for making me feel welcome :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts