Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members,

Me and my dear wife recently got a pair of lovely, cuddly cockatiels named Sona and Mona. We never owned cockatiels before and we learned a lot about them from this forum before we got them from a breeder. There is tons of information on this forum that helped us a lot. I joined this forum to learn more about cockatiels and help others with our experience with Sona and Mona. Please welcome us and Sona, Mona (see attachments) to this forums.

Sona, Mona was about 6 weeks and fully weaned when we re-homed them. Now they are about 12 weeks. Both love to sit on our hands, shoulders and heads (sometimes they just land on our heads). They just love to tear apart newspapers and play with card boxes and thermocol sheets. While they were fledgling, they'd crash onto walls sometimes and not able to land properly but now they have turned out to be excellent fliers. Their wings are not clipped. Their favorite treat is sunflower seeds and love to eat them from hand. We share meals together. We are currently training Sona, Mona to step up and down on command.

Having Sona, Mona part of our family has brought all of us joy and comfort. We are looking forward to share with them our lives for years ahead.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Welcome to you, you wife, Sona and Mona from Joey and me! They are simply adorable babies! :love: It is amazing how much love and joy a tiny little bird can bring into our lives, isn't it?

I look forward to more pics and hearing more about them as time goes on. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome from me and my buddy Percy! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks TamaMoo and Joey. Yes I'd totally agree. They are one wonderful lovely birds. And it's so easy to fall in love with :grey tiel::wf cinnamon:.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks BlueDragon109, the closer one is Sona and the other darker grey is Mona. I'm not sure if any one is a cock or a hen yet.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to all of you from Milo and me! Your birds are lovely:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Your girls are so lovely :)

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts