Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to where I can post stuff, which is fine. I was just confused for a little bit. So hey everyone! I am new to both this forum and owning cockatiels. I got my Cockatiel last month. He is about two years old and is named Obi-Wan Kenobi. I call him Obi for short. He loves to whistle all the time. He can do a pretty good wolf whistle, but I've only ever heard him do it once. He also does one that is really close to an R2D2 noise. It's funny, because I had the name Obi-Wan picked out before I bought him and then found out that his first owner had given him the name Anakin.

I'll try to post a pic of him when I can either get one onto the computer or post on my iPod. He's a regular grey.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a sweet bird :) That is a cute name for him too! Have you tried teaching him to talk at all? My normal grey male is only 6 months old, but he is learning words also and loves to sing. Its kinda fun to hear them talk. Looking forward to pictures :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome to the board. You will enjoy here. Everyone is very nice and helpful.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hey there! Pretty cool that you have a Star Wars name picked out for your guy! I name most of my birds after Transformers.

Welcome!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a sweet bird :) That is a cute name for him too! Have you tried teaching him to talk at all? My normal grey male is only 6 months old, but he is learning words also and loves to sing. Its kinda fun to hear them talk. Looking forward to pictures :)
I haven't started teaching him how to talk yet. I'm still working on getting him completely tame. I'm his third home, which makes me sad, and the people I bought him from said that the people they got him from told them he could say a few words, but they'd never heard him say anything. I have watched some videos of Cockatiels talking on YouTube and they sound so cute! I also want to teach him some sound effects. I'll try to see if he can learn Velociraptor noises to freak out my sister.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey there! Pretty cool that you have a Star Wars name picked out for your guy! I name most of my birds after Transformers.

Welcome!
Yeah, I think that the names from Transformers are pretty cool! I name a lot of my pets after fictional characters. I used to raise bantam chickens and had Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Pyro (From X-Men), and Raven.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes from everyone! It's nice to be able to talk to people about one of the things I love most. My family doesn't really get why I like birds so much.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome. Obi is a great name. I love the idea of velociraptor noises. Maybe some light saber effects as well?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome. Obi is a great name. I love the idea of velociraptor noises. Maybe some light saber effects as well?
Totally! I'll have to see how good he is at learning sounds. Right now he only really does whistles, like he'll try to call the dog over. I'm assuming that one of his owners before had a dog, because he knew that whistle already. He's obnoxious though, because he's started using that whistle to call me over too! :lol:

I'll see if he can learn the Imperial March, too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Totally! Maybe blaster noises as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts