Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Hello 'tiel owners young and old! I am Jazmine, though WolfyV or Wolfy is fine, too! I am a rather young lady living in Arizona with my cockatiel, Hermes. I got him VERY recently, so bonding has yet to fully ensue, but he is a hand tamed and fed baby boy I've had my eyes on for quite some time, so I am glad he is a member of my family now. :grey tiel: He's a normal grey baby at about 2 1/2 to 3 months old (Clipped). He can be pretty grumpy, though he's slowly warming up to me. He doesn't bite very hard, though he nibbles A LOT. You might run into me plenty of times on the help-related threads here LOL.

As for myself, I am currently a junior in high school, and am new to being a bird owner, though I've had quite a bit of bird experience before. I am an AP student, and part time digital freelancer artist. I hope to make a friend or two while I am here, as well as learn more about how I can help my baby boy along the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats on ur new baby! He or she is very cute. Cockatiels r so sweet. I just recently got one myself. His name is Harley. He is 6 months old. I got him 3 months ago. He is sooo sweet and he is a pied. I also have a green cheek conure. I have had cockatiels off and on for lots of years. So not my first, but first I've had one in a while. I'm sure u will enjoy this site. Can get lots of info here, always fun to see what people have posted about their babies��

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on ur new baby! He or she is very cute. Cockatiels r so sweet. I just recently got one myself. His name is Harley. He is 6 months old. I got him 3 months ago. He is sooo sweet and he is a pied. I also have a green cheek conure. I have had cockatiels off and on for lots of years. So not my first, but first I've had one in a while. I'm sure u will enjoy this site. Can get lots of info here, always fun to see what people have posted about their babies��
Thank you! :3 Since you have bird experience I must ask, how does one get them to stop nibbling? He doesn't like, straight up bite me, but he'll nibble at my fingers and such when I try to pet him and give him rubs. After a while he'll realize that I am not trying to hurt him and stop, but he is still so unsure of me, and it shows in his droppings, too! D:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi - welcome to you from Percy and me! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Harley done the same thing. Part of it is a trust thing and the other is he is very young and also he is adjusting to a new home and new people. The more he is around u the better he will get. If u r looking for a treat to bribe him mine loves Cheerios. That is what I used first to get him out of cage. Then also when I'm done giving him scratches he gets one too. Then he starts to associate scratches with Cheerios. Lol just like bribing them. Lol make sure plain Cheerios. They don't need the sugar. Mine also likes popcorn. Just take it slow talk to him a lot and get him out and things like that and he will come around. All very new to him now. He is a scared baby in a new home away from his mommy and baby brothers and sisters and not sure of his way yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dr. Foster and Smith has a toy called Fetch it pets ring toss. Check it out on there web site. It is in the toy section for parakeets to conure. U will find it there. It's 3 rings connect together. Harley plays with it all day and even gets into the ring and hangs upside down and spreads his wings. He is showing off. Lol He is always chewing on stuff in his cage. Weather it be the door or his foe bowl. He is silly. Hope this helps. Think the toy is like $8.99 maybe. Pretty good price I think because he loves it I will be ordering another. Have a good one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The ring toss toy I was talking about also has like a star and a couple of small balls that hang off of the rings. Lots for them to play with and chew on. That was another thing I wanted to tell u make sure they have a couple of toys in their cage to chew and play with. I'm no expert but I will help u out with ur bird if I can. Keep me updated on how everything is going with him. If you want you can just private message me if u have any other questions or else I will try and look for u on the forum. Have a good night.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hey there! Just thought I'd pop on in and say hi :) And just thought I'd say your baby is a cutie! Can't wait to hear more about you two's adventures!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you SO MUCH Cat! <3 You are a life saver. When I get paid this weekend I will order that toy for him. His preening toy is something else he's starting to take an interest in nibbling on, so I am glad he's not focusing just on chewing my fingers anymore lol! As for everyone else, thank you for the warm welcomes :) I am glad I found a forum with such a friendly community.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh u r so welcome glad I could help. I wish i could get a pic of him inside th ring hanging upside down. Every time I try he hurries out of it to come see me. Lol. I think urs will love it. Like I said he plays with that thing almost all day every time u look he is swinging in it or chewing on it. He also has a couple small Woden toys that have a bell on. He plays with them in between the time, the ring toss thing is by far his fav. Keep me updated on ur birdie.

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is my baby Harley. I don't know why, but when I upload it is turning the pic sideways. It doesn't start out that way. I'm on my IPad so I don't know. Anyway u get to see his pic.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts