Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So nice to be here, I'm using a forum for the first time in my life! But I really felt I need some support and advice from people who own a parrot and have experience with cockatiels. I'd really appreciate your help.
I got a cockatiel as a present 10 days ago. It's a girl! and she's absolutely adorable! All yellowish-white with orange cheeks, she's 1.5 years old. She seems to be ok with her cage, she's moving around, she's eating and drinking. But here's the strange thing - she doesn't make ANY noise! She squicked a couple of times (made very short sounds) and that's it. Is it ok? Is she just still getting used to us? Please help!馃檹馃挋

Registered
I have normal greys, whiteface, pearl pieds, creamface cinnamons, and pearls.
First of all, welcome to the forum Angie and getting your new pet cockatiel. Relax, that's very normal for a female. I have 7 females and 5 males! It's by far the males that make the most noise whistling, chattering , and some talk. Females tend to just have a few short squawks but some will scream if they don't get what they want. What's your bird's name? send a few photos if you have any. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. That's what we are here for.
Robert

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First of all, welcome to the forum Angie and getting your new pet cockatiel. Relax, that's very normal for a female. I have 7 females and 5 males! It's by far the males that make the most noise whistling, chattering , and some talk. Females tend to just have a few short squawks but some will scream if they don't get what they want. What's your bird's name? send a few photos if you have any. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. That's what we are here for.
Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.