Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Lutino
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Sonia and i am from Greece. I have one male cockatiel whose name is Ricko and he is 6 months old. I attended on this forum because i want to know as much as i can about these incredible birds.
He really likes to play with my keyboard of my laptop and pull out the keys. He also likes to walk all over the floor or to fly inside the house. Recently he started eating egg and vegetables.
Thanks for accepting me!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rather than chewing on the keyboard get him other things to chew up. They are natural chewers and will nibble at everything, it’s instinctive so don’t worry about your bird having a problem. Mine will chew up cardboard, little branches in his cage and my old hat! Welcome!

·
Registered
Lutino
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rather than chewing on the keyboard get him other things to chew up. They are natural chewers and will nibble at everything, it’s instinctive so don’t worry about your bird having a problem. Mine will chew up cardboard, little branches in his cage and my old hat! Welcome!
I gave bought him some wooden toys which like to chew up. Also he has paper drinking straws with hidden millet inside. He is very curious. He likes to try every fruit and nut he sees me to eat. Recently he started trying to feed me. I don't know why he acts like this. I think the reason is that he shows me his love with this behavior.
I don't know if he need a companion. He is first companion friend and i don't know if i have to buy another for not to feel lonely. But for now he seems to be happy!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I gave bought him some wooden toys which like to chew up. Also he has paper drinking straws with hidden millet inside. He is very curious. He likes to try every fruit and nut he sees me to eat. Recently he started trying to feed me. I don't know why he acts like this. I think the reason is that he shows me his love with this behavior.
I don't know if he need a companion. He is first companion friend and i don't know if i have to buy another for not to feel lonely. But for now he seems to be happy!
His companion is you. He obviously is bonding to you as when this happens they will want to feed you and preen you. This is a good thing and sometimes can be mistaken for biting. RODAN does the same thing along with flying in to feed when he sees me eating……sounds to me like your off to a great start!! Enjoy your time with cross species communication…….oh yeah!!!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts