Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently gifted a lovely 17 (ish) year old tiel from a friend. I have lots of experience hand raising baby birds but very little experience with cranky, sort of tame sort of not tame old man birds. Spike is adorable and we have made great progress - he steps up onto my hand and will ride my shoulder but he will not let me pet or touch him at all. I really want to give him a head scritch, lol but I'm patient!

Cheers everyone!!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Spike from Joey and me! Tiels are funny with what they will and won't allow. Joey loves a good head/face/neck scritch session, but he won't step up for anything, including his beloved millet. The fact you are patient will go a long way to getting him closer. Some birds never allow it, but with luck your guy will. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Welcome to the board. Spike sounds a lot like my Sammy. No head skritches allowed.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hello and welcome from me and Percy! I like the sound of Spike and I'm sure he'll be a great pet, cranky or otherwise :D

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Allo Allo from central canada! Your little guy sounds adorable! Them seniors are full of chili powder and vinegar, aren't they? My 14 year old hen is cranky and nippy as all heck. But I wouldn't trade her for the world!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Paula and Milo! Your little old man sounds cute as can be. I can only hope Milo lives that long! Pictures please ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
...Them seniors are full of chili powder and vinegar, aren't they? My 14 year old hen is cranky and nippy as all heck. But I wouldn't trade her for the world!
lol Yes, we must give due respect to our cranky ol' girls, too!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello and welcome! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Allo Allo from central canada! Your little guy sounds adorable! Them seniors are full of chili powder and vinegar, aren't they? My 14 year old hen is cranky and nippy as all heck. But I wouldn't trade her for the world!
My 'tiel gets super cranky all the time, and he's only 2!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts