Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! After extensive research, some of which was done on this forum, I brought a new cockatiel home a couple of weeks ago. He's not my first bird — I used to own, breed, and handfeed budgies a couple of years back — but he is my first cockatiel. His name is Pipoca, which means 'popcorn' in Portuguese, though I never say it with the right intonations. :p Pipoca has the pearl pied mutation and is so pretty. I suspect that he is male but I can't say for sure so I am taking him for a DNA test in a few weeks. He is a month old and just beginning to fledge. I have been hand feeding him and it's been a very rewarding experience. He's very clever, he likes climbing up my hand and comes when I call his name sometimes. I already love him so much and I hope he loves me too. :pearl: :love:

Anyway, I'm really glad I found this forum and I hope to learn and contribute lots in time to come. Please feel free to PM me if you need any help (I'll try my best!) or if you would just like to chat. :D

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the forum! :)

I would love to see some pictures of your baby 'tiel! He sounds like such a sweetheart :love:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this. :oops: He absolutely is! :love: He's a cheeky one, he's at that age where he's very excited to be playing and exploring. I'm going to try and upload some photos in the next 24 hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.