Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I never thought I'd be joining the talkcockatiels forum, having only joined the talkbudgies forum a couple of weeks ago. My house was already jam packed with noise:wacko:, 7 parakeets, 2 young kids...at times I visit the circus only because it's quiet. My husband does apartment maintenance though and wouldn't you know it, he found two more little feathered looneys. Someone had left these two cockatiels in a small cage, with 2 toys and a bag of parakeet food when they had moved out:mad:. I felt so bad for them. So guess what we have adopted? They are in quarantine now but so far seem to be in good condition, if not a bit overweight though. The darker one does have a bad habit of nipping but that's not a problem, we've already started working on it with him. And the lighter one is more scared of the hand then anything. Both have their wings clipped and an appointment with the vet for next week. I joined here hoping to relearn about cockatiels, as I haven't had a tiel in quite sometime. Here's a photo of the new looneys sitting with hubby.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good for you and your husband for taking them in, I can't believe anyone would just leave them there :( I hear you on the noise 6 birds a dog 2 school age children and a toddler ear plugs work well :p

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
i,m gld you took them in and i bet the whole family will fall inlove with him it,s sad that he was deserted thinking he could look out for himself people like that should not have pets

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! :D I can't believe someone would just leave them like that, how sad. :( I'm very glad you adopted them though! I can't wait to hear stories about all the mischief they'll surely get into. ;)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Welcom and kudos for taking them in! I seen you on TB. This is a grat group of people! I hear you on the noise too! We have 4 kids, dog, now 6 budgies, 2 tiels and 2 parrotlets. I like it lous I guess. Lol!

·
Registered
340 Posts
:)Hello welcome to the forums i aswell have 4 cockatiels and 3 children so i know where you are coming from!!!It is so sad that someone would leave them behind like that,but at least they have a good home with you now :yes::clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.