Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a hen white faced pearl cockatiel i say its a hen she lay eggs for the the other person got her off craigslist... she was a little wild and her wings were not clup ... there are now but she think she still can fly ??? will she stop jumping off here cage??? she was keeped in a spare room at the other place and now she is keep in the dinning room ... she can get a little out of hand ... lol... she getting better at getting up on my finger and not biting to bad ... i work with her a fue times a day to get her better with me ... she will not eat spray millet or honey treats but love corn chips ... i don't give her a lot of them a fue bites a day ... when shes good .... im trying to get her to whistle i no hen are not the best to whistle she trying .... i feed her ZuPreem Fruit Blend and a little seed ... will anuff info let me know if im doing her wright...
swimmingfree

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's great that she's eating pellets already! My tiels like the ZuPreem too. Is she still laying eggs? Excessive laying is a problem more common in cockatiels. Does she have a cuttlebone? If not, you shoud probably get her some. And as far as the clipped wings... Most birds stop jumping off after a little while of realizing their decreased flight abilities. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you BlueDragon109 for your input...
she is not laying eggs at this time... she has a cuttlebone but don't eat it ...what do you think of Bird Vitamins and Mineral Blocks??? good to hear she will stop jumping off she down to 4 tail feathers...lol... like most people on here been doing some reading on breading there a lot of info on here ...what is a deadbeat dad??? will she be a good pet if i do???? but before i do i have a lot of reading top of her cage do and a bigger cage.and other stuff... so maybe next year... she love to be on top of her cage and can get in her cage for water and zupreem... she has a gym up there...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I personally don't suggest vitamin drops, like the ones you put in their water, but mineral blocks tend to work well and my birds like them. I'm not an expert on breeding, sadly, so you might want to find someone else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank again BlueDragon109
will get a mineral blocks today for her ... i live in a town that has a petsmart and petco but no good pet stores that have birds have to go for about 1 hour drive to go to a real pet store...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Welcome from Percy and me :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts