Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.....I'm a first timer and new to all of this. I had a love bird growing up and loved her. But that's pretty much where my experience ends. (Well besides my crazy sweet laying hens) I have been thinking of having a tiel join our little family for months, and have driven my self crazy thinking about it. After lots and lots of reading, looking for cages and trying to decide weather to take the plunge or not. I finally decided to get the ball rolling and ordered a cage last night. Now the search is on for a nice hand raised baby. Any direction and tips will be so much appreciated l! I'm so glad I found you guys....definitely helped me make my decision :)

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Welcome!

Look for a good, reliable breeder, not one just trying to make a sale. Once you get there, let the bird pick you.

Better yet, if you can find one to adopt, that would be great too :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Hi welcome I myself have a Black masked lovebird and 2 lovely cockatiels and a African grey.Cockatiels are one of my favourite parrots I love the way they look and their crests and they are very friendly and calm very different to lovebirds lol.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! I am talking to a breeder now. She has 3 Dominate Silvers and 1 Creamino that will be ready near the end of this month. So, guess now I need to research thoses mutations. Anyone have any experience withe these?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

Those are super rare mutations. The only person here who has much experience with them is srtiels. They're very pretty but not as common as other mutations. Can't wait to see which one you pick!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I asked for more information and pictures. Would really like to see these mutations and can't find much info on them. Really hoping it works out, its super hard to find a breeder anywhere near me. I've searched and searched. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so so much. Im new to the forum thing too if ya can't tell.... They are all so beautiful...I just love their beautiful little faces!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Allo Allo from central canada and welcome to the forum! Yes, cockatiels are sassy little things at times, LOL. Full of curiosity and what not. You'll love your fid!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talked to the breeder, and I get to meet the little ones next sunday. They should be ready to go the following week. Now the hard part......deciding which to bring home. So exciting!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hello! Welcome from Percy and me :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome!
I hope you choose the one that chooses you. That is always the best way with all our birds. Sounds like you will get to choose from some beautiful mutations. Can't wait to see whatcha get!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts