Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rockos Head is much bigger than Lokis he fits a X-small Harness but I have to get Loki a petite Harness because of his smaller head does this mean Rocko has a bigger brain than Loki and Therefore smarter than Loki Rocko does learn very fast and Loki is only with me since Monday and he learned step up so hes almost fully tame already Rocko did take longer to tame than Loki he took atleast a month or more but as soon as he was tame he learned other stuff very fast and hes a fast learner.I love birds and I wanna learn lots about them im probably gonna own birds the rest of my life.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't mean he's smarter, he's just larger.
Oh ok I was reading something about birds brains and stuff well yeah Loki is small in size too and hes only about 7 months old is he fully grown would you say or will he get a bit bigger.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I think cockatiel head size is different in males and females. And of course, 'tiels come in all different shapes and sizes, so it's probably just down to genetics. Out of my four, Coco is the smallest, and Sophie is the biggest. (Not so sure about whose head is bigger though, haha). Honey and Henry are somewhere in between. Their weights differ greatly, but they're all healthy for their size and age, so that's the main thing. :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think cockatiel head size is different in males and females. And of course, 'tiels come in all different shapes and sizes, so it's probably just down to genetics. Out of my four, Coco is the smallest, and Sophie is the biggest. (Not so sure about whose head is bigger though, haha). Honey and Henry are somewhere in between. Their weights differ greatly, but they're all healthy for their size and age, so that's the main thing. :)
Do you ever see two budgies together and it looks like they are having a argument I find that very funny Two budgies I once had used to always do that.

·
Registered
648 Posts
At 7 months they're generally the size they will always be. They won't grow anymore, head size won't change, but they might "fill out" more. He's just a smaller bird than rocko.
My girl Darla (8 months old) weighs 81g on most days and my girl buttercup (6 months old) weighs about 94g. They are both at the size they will stay, they're done growing. It just depends on their breeding. Some are smaller, some are larger.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At 7 months they're generally the size they will always be. They won't grow anymore, head size won't change, but they might "fill out" more. He's just a smaller bird than rocko.
My girl Darla (8 months old) weighs 81g on most days and my girl buttercup (6 months old) weighs about 94g. They are both at the size they will stay, they're done growing. It just depends on their breeding. Some are smaller, some are larger.
Ok so I will be getting Loki the petite harness

1 - 7 of 7 Posts