Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't posted anything about my tiels for a while. Here's a video of Jaid being a jerk and not shutting up. In case you can't see from the lousy camera angle, I'm cupping my hands over his head and poking him. Nothing works... :blink:

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's because he doesn't know how to be quiet. Did you see him biting me? Little brat

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ha, he does it because you're giving him attention for it. That's what he wants. ;) If you ignored him when doing that for extended periods, he would stop.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Soo cute! :D He sounds like a dog's squeaky toy!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
He does it because he's a male bird who wants to sing. There is nothing you can do other than shun him to a dark room (which is totally unacceptable). Ignoring him won't do anything, I assure you...that only works on behavioral issues like screaming. Singing is not behavioral, it is instinctual. :)

Your bird sounds and looks like my bird Pearl, who we just found out through DNA test is a boy. We thought he could be a girl because some girls can whistle a wee bit and chatter. But no luck! Lol.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope. He's just happy. :)

It's just a silly video showing what I can do to the stubborn kid when he gets on a squeaky fit

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I love it when the feathered ones get in the silly, singing moods. Joey will be just sitting there doing nothing, or playing with a toy, whatever the case may be, and suddenly the mood will strike. It is if he has to sing until he gets it out of his system and nothing can distract him until then. Cracks me up.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Flynn always gets noisier when he's first put in bed xD

Love your boys noisey lil cutey xP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
Oh my, that's almost more annoying than Beaker's "laugh" :eek: Where on earth did they pick that noise up from? :lol:

I know a bit how you feel though, Miles has picked up "can I have a kiss?" from Phoenix, with some major emphasis on the KISS part... all I can hear from across the house is KISS... KISS KISSS KISSSSSSSSS KISS BIRDIE KISS CAN I HAVE A KISS? KISS! KISSSSS! kiss kiss kiss KISS KISSS KISSS!!! and that can carry on for hours....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Haha I have often wondered how such tiny creatures can have such a powerful voice. :)
So sweet...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts