Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I went to buy some stuff for the babies today at like always, I stoped to look at the parrots. They had two cute female tiels and one male...The male was A SWEETHART! He learned to mimick me in the 5 mins we spend together. I also gave him a head and belly rub which he LOVED! He really didn't want to go back so I was strongly considering taking him home but when I asked they said he's already sold and the person hasn't picked him yet...:(:(:( I sadly had to watch him call after me when I put him back. He was such a sweet little boy!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohhh Aly how sad :( I bet if he wasn't sold he would have been coming home with you
YES he would have!
I am ready for him, just would have had to buy the cage. It was so sad Laura! I should have never held him. He was such a good mimicker too!!! Learned so fast! I hope he goes to a good home.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
YES he would have!
I am ready for him, just would have had to buy the cage. It was so sad Laura! I should have never held him. He was such a good mimicker too!!! Learned so fast! I hope he goes to a good home.
I feel bad for you :( I know how much your ready ;) was he a normal? how old do you think he was?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel bad for you :( I know how much your ready ;) was he a normal? how old do you think he was?
He looked more like a normal gray but his grey was VERY light colored and he had these reverse black patches on his wings (like a suit..lol), gorgeous yellow head and nice round bright orange patches! SO SOFT TOO!!!
He was less than a year old. I would say that he just passed six months or so.

Oh man, that's so sad!! :( But your perfect baby will come along sooner or later.
I hope so...it just wasn't meant to be I guess.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
He looked more like a normal gray but his grey was VERY light colored and he had these reverse black patches on his wings (like a suit..lol), gorgeous yellow head and nice round bright orange patches! SO SOFT TOO!!!
He was less than a year old. I would say that he just passed six months or so.

I hope so...it just wasn't meant to be I guess.
He sounds wonderful, but your right it just wasn't meant to be, yours is still out there waiting for you ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh well...just needed to vent..noane else gets it..lol
I think it'll be intresting to add a male tiel to the flock.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Oh well...just needed to vent..noane else gets it..lol
I think it'll be intresting to add a male tiel to the flock.
its hard for others that don't have the love for birds to get it...lol My daughter and I went to the grocery store tonight and I was picking out parsley, green beans etc and my daughter just looks at me and says Yup Mommy loves her birds...lol it was to cute

Now that i know I have a male and female I am really excited about it looking forward to Ollie gets older it will be interesting to see what he is like

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its hard for others that don't have the love for birds to get it...lol My daughter and I went to the grocery store tonight and I was picking out parsley, green beans etc and my daughter just looks at me and says Yup Mommy loves her birds...lol it was to cute

Now that i know I have a male and female I am really excited about it looking forward to Ollie gets older it will be interesting to see what he is like
lol- mine are on my shopping list all the time! :p
I can't wait for my second baby!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have no doubt it will be sooner then later....LOL :p

HEHE...knowing me it could be anytime..I tend to do make spur of the moment decisions but it's always worked out so far. I don't want to just pick a day and say, ok today, I'm getting the tiel. I just want to keep going until one really catches my eye. I have a question though.

Do most males like belly rubs? Baby is EXTREMLY tame but doesn't like belly rubs. This one in the store LOVE them and let me scratch his belly before his head...

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I am not sure if its because Ollie is young or maybe its a male thing but Ollie lets me rub him everywhere belly , feet, head, back and he absolutely loves when I rub his beak...lol don't ask me why. If I try to rub Georgies belly she nips me...hehe she has never let me rub her belly.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am not sure if its because Ollie is young or maybe its a male thing but Ollie lets me rub him everywhere belly , feet, head, back and he absolutely loves when I rub his beak...lol don't ask me why. If I try to rub Georgies belly she nips me...hehe she has never let me rub her belly.
Yeah...I don't know. Baby LOVES head and beak rubs. She lets me do pretty much anything except rub her belly. The only thing she lets me do is kiss her belly.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I never would of thought of giving a tiel belly rubs! :p I stick to head scratches. Bailee likes when i rub the sides of his beak.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I never would of thought of giving a tiel belly rubs! :p I stick to head scratches. Bailee likes when i rub the sides of his beak.
Yup, anywhere on the face and neck- mine loves it when I do her tiel, the sides of her beak, under her chin, her cheek spots (ears)...spoiled brats..then she thinks trying to pick on my hair is returning the favor...:eek:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Yup, anywhere on the face and neck- mine loves it when I do her tiel, the sides of her beak, under her chin, her cheek spots (ears)...spoiled brats..then she thinks trying to pick on my hair is returning the favor...:eek:
Cookie actually rips my hair out! Ouch! I don't mind so much when it's my leg hair, lmao, but head hair i would rather keep. :eek: :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cookie actually rips my hair out! Ouch! I don't mind so much when it's my leg hair, lmao, but head hair i would rather keep. :eek: :p
LOL! Baby is also my constant reminder of when I need to shave my legs..lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts