Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milo said his first words today! They were "whatcha doing?"
So happy!:grey tiel: :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yay Milo! (btw his pic in your sig is a great one :) )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh how fab, you must be so proud! I've never had a tiel who spoke or sang until now - Klaus is an avid singer and it is a whole new experience. I have learnt that one must choose very carefully what to teach them as you will hear it about 157 times a day for the next 15 years or so... :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is so cool! I remember when Peanut first began talking - at first it was a bunch of squawks and screaming, but quickly turned into vocalizing and whistles. Yay for Milo!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yay Milo! The first word is always the most exiting.

I have learnt that one must choose very carefully what to teach them as you will hear it about 157 times a day for the next 15 years or so... :)
Yep. :D There are days when we hear "Good morning! I love you! Good morning! (unintelligible something) Hope you have a good day! I love you good morning!" in a non stop loop for hours. And hours. Adorable as it is for a while, we sometimes distract him after a bit. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
awwww, thats adorable c: my baby doesn't talk yet. he's starting to whistle a couple of his own tunes but for the most part he has very cockatoo-like vocal patterns...he grumbles off in his own language when he's being a grump and makes some strange noises every once in a while when he's happy. no words yet, though :c but he's my baby nonetheless <3

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your replies...He is such a baby still, it surprised me when he began talking! :) He is saying it regularly and seems to be practicing another word, but can't quite make it so far. Its so fun watching him grow up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts