Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am super excited! Ziggy is a really strong flier-even when he was totally clipped he managed to glide alot further then Baby even has. I've been letting their wings grown out and it's perfect because there are some new feathers coming in now. Anyways, they were on the couch and he flew to me! Like a good 10 feet. His landing was a bit off-he landed at my feet and then tried to climb my pajamas but either way he FLEW!!! I think it'll be great when they are both flighted!!!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love watching my budgies fly all around the house! I just can't wait until the tiels do too!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
:D Isn't it so cool when they fly? Cousteau can fly with pretty short wings... When Boomer is flighted, he makes a loop around the room, and lands on my head! :D (hence his name "boomerang")

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good. How about when you take them out though Aly? How are you going to manage?
Oh no...they're not going out anymore. The only place I really took them often was my parents but since they got that dam crazy cat I'd rather not anyway. Ziggy's wings are a mess so I decided to let them both grow out atleast to get him cleaned up a bit. I'll see where it goes from there. Baby doesn't even know how to fly...:( If it works out how I hope I'll get them some good comfy flight suits so they can still go outside for few minutes..

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
That's great that he's flying already! :D I bet Baby will try to come after him and learn to use her wings properly too.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's great that he's flying already! :D I bet Baby will try to come after him and learn to use her wings properly too.
I hope so too. I let her flights grow out once and she looked beautiful but still used her little feet for everything...probably my fault for keeping her clipped all this time. We even practice flappies...

·
Registered
296 Posts
You can get harnesses for cockatiels, like the ones for dogs. We have them at our pet stores here for about $15. I plan on getting two once the weather is nicer here. I want to let their wings grow back out as well.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Well done Ziggy! That is so great he is flying now. ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow! those are some amazing shots of him flying!
That's acctually Baby a long time ago (BZ- Before Ziggy)

Those pictures are great, I wonder if she is scared of flying after not being able too :confused:
I don't think the breeder ever let her fly, the petstore kept her clipped and so did I for the most part. Maybe she is scared...

·
Registered
263 Posts
When I first brought Noel home from the Breeders she acted as though she hadn't ever flown before it was very akward the first few (20) or so times. Eventually she got allot more confindent. Maybe you just need to give your baby allot more time.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I first brought Noel home from the Breeders she acted as though she hadn't ever flown before it was very akward the first few (20) or so times. Eventually she got allot more confindent. Maybe you just need to give your baby allot more time.
I am. I'm letting them get fully flighted so hopefully she'll want to give it a try.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts