Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......he said "Night night!"

lol. We have been away for a couple of days, just one night away and the first time ever, we haven't asked anybody to look after the animals. We just put loads of food and hay in with the rabbit and guinea pigs and loaded up Dooby with millet and his food and we left the radio on for them, as I said, it was only overnight but it was like leaving your kids for the first time. lol.

Anyway, last night when we got home, I let him out for a good fly around before settling him down for the night again, then when it came to covering him up...he said it! "Night night!" lol.

He's just woken up as I've been typing this and it's another first...he said "Good morning!" like he usually does, but then when I took the cover off he said *blew kiss* "I love you!"..........nawwwww, that's the first time he's said that. I must go away more often, he must have been practising whilst we've been away!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Awww! Sounds like he knew how to all long -he just missed you and wanted to impress you to get some attention. It's so cute that he can say all those things! Ziggy is working on hello and kisses.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Wow, what a clever boy Dooby is...he even got the right time of day for it aswell...I'm impressed!! Im trying to teach Willow to Wolf whistle at the moment - I think she may be getting it. ;)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think if you stick to saying the same things at specific times, they get to know. Like when I uncover him, I say good morning, but I don't say that any other time of the day, and then at night when I cover him up, I blow a kiss and say night night, and again, I don't say that at any other time of the day, so it's word association really.

I'm sure Willow will be wolf whistling soon!! Are you sure it's a girl? Don't forget it was that breeder that said Dooby was a girl........just a thought;)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'm sure Willow will be wolf whistling soon!! Are you sure it's a girl? Don't forget it was that breeder that said Dooby was a girl........just a thought;)
Hmmm.... true. But something about her makes me think shes a girl, maybe because she is so cuddly but then again boys are still cuddly as well. She does seem fairly vocal, probably in the middle of what I would have expected from either sexes. Chattier than a female....quieter than a male..... I've also been thinking about doing a DNA test recently. Only thing is I don't fancy plucking a fresh feather, I don't think I could do it to her! Sorry, this is so off topic. :eek:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. I know what you mean Rosie, I didn't want to pluck a feather from Dooby either, maybe just wait a while, you might just get to know after the first moult. Or when Willow starts talking a bit more.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Cute he is too smart. Spike will say give me a kiss when I make a kiss sound, when I do the come here sign he says spike come here, and he says scritches when I make the scritches finger. Who thought they could be so smart. I need to get another video to post soon. You should get one of dooby too :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts