Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
peaches our female teil thinks her reflection in the mircowave is another bird she's not obessed by it but at meal times she talks to the birdie and tries to feed it.

but every time hubby uses the mircowave she freaks out she runs down 2 check on birdie and after she will check out what was in it and that birdies back and safe.

we aren't sure what 2 do bout it any ideas would help.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
If you think it might be a bad thing for her to be obsessed with maybe cover it up when she's around. A lot of birds are into their reflections though, my budges talk to their fork and spoon friends all the time. :p

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Dooby sees himself in the mirror when he comes in the bathroom with me, but today was the first time I held him there so that he could "talk" to himself. He turned, this way and that and then spread his wings a bit showing off. LOL. I've read somewhere that male tiels like mirrors.

I think maybe put a tea towel or something over the door to cover it like Bea said.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I haven't experienced this yet with mine, there weird they don't seem to like looking at themselves...lol I agree with the others if its becoming a problem I would cover it up when she's around, it amazes me they can be so smart but yet silly at times :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
peaches is female and she loves the mirror specailly when daddys shaving. we aren't worried about her being obbessed she's not she gets more upset the birdie might be getting hurt.

l think Dooby is a real charcter Peaches kises and rubs her reflection in the mirror.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts