Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I use that, but I mix it with a bit of dry oatmeal (not much). I only replace seed once or twice a week, there are two large food bowls on either side of the cage that I fill to the top. No it isn't the top shelf seed, but it gets you by.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While I have this topic open, I want to try to convert him to eating pellets. Right now, he has been eating just a seed mix and seems to like it a lot. I have tried the Zupreem Fruitblend and it doesn't seem to be going over so well. I have tried it solo, mixed with his normal seed, etc. and he still eats around it.

I see a lot of people recommending Harrison's or Roudybush Crumbles. Anyone here have any suggestions and tips on converting him?? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I normally use the fruitblend since it just seems to be what my flock likes most; about the only other pellets I have had any luck with was roudybush.

Try crushing the pellets and putting them in the bottom of the cage with a fresh poop-free liner. Birds go to the floor to scavenge for food, this is their instinct. When you want to get them to try something new, its best to put it there. After you notice them eating whole pellets off the floor, they will have no problem eating them out of a dish.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I recently had a bad run-in with Wild Harvest which is why I switched to the other. After freezing a big bag of it for a few months, letting it thaw and sit for a few days; it was covered in mold... it isn't very good for freezing and I like to buy three or four at a time. I don't know if its the citrus element of it or what; should be fine for just straight up feeding though.

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
While I have this topic open, I want to try to convert him to eating pellets. Right now, he has been eating just a seed mix and seems to like it a lot. I have tried the Zupreem Fruitblend and it doesn't seem to be going over so well. I have tried it solo, mixed with his normal seed, etc. and he still eats around it.

I see a lot of people recommending Harrison's or Roudybush Crumbles. Anyone here have any suggestions and tips on converting him?? Thanks.
I feed Rocko seed and pellets its the beaphar pellets they are 95% organic ingredients they are a dark brownish colour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts