Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at different harnesses because I would like to be able to have Obi out of his cage in rooms other than just my bedroom and have seen that the general consensus is that the Aviator harness is the best. The one problem I have with it is that the leash is permanently attached to the harness. I would really like to be able to maybe have Obi wear a harness when he's out, but if he's somewhere like my bedroom where he's away from the cats and the puppy I'd like him to be able to fly around without having to drag a leash behind him. With other harnesses I could take the leash off and then reattach it when I was leaving the room with him. Do you think it is worth it to get one just for the sake of being able to remove the leash?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like to add that I don't think that Obi unclipping a harness will be much of a problem, given that he doesn't even really play with toys, much less mess around a lot with other stuff.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
You can always look into a flight suit. I don't know brands but I know one can be easily made.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Avian Fashions sells the Flight Suit, which is probably your best bet if you insist on taking off the leash. The Aviator is the safest, and part of that is the fact that the leash is attached so the owner is less likely to leave them unattended while in harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts