Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has a cockatiel that wants to run all over the keyboard. Spike just loves to and Iam starting to have a hard time typing :eek:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
mine will try to if I let them :D they like to sit on the keyboard and look at the screen but they also like to poop on the keyboard :eek: if given the chance, so I don't let them go on there they stay on my shoulder ;)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Mine do at times, but i keep them off because i don't want their toes to get caught in the keys.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have Spike on my shoulder to keep him away from the keys but he will run down my arm and jump on the key board. I now have to type under the desk which is kinda hard because my fingers don't have alot of room to move around while typing :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Oh boy, glad it's not just me...mine stays on my shoulder but most of the time tries to climb down..there are alot of times where she acctually FALLS ASLEEP on my hand AS I AM TYPING...I guess the movement doesn't disturb her..lol

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
seeing as we are on the topic of keyboards, I wanted to ask do any of your's play with the mouse...lol I find mine when I am moving my finger on the mouse they put there head down on it like there looking for head scratches do your's do it? ;)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Bailee will sit on my hand when i'm typing or using the mouse, but he gets all cranky when my hand moves. :rolleyes: He won't move though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have a problem with Cheeky and the keyboard, he is more interested with the things ON the desk... so the mouse cord, wires to printer, pens, paper, and such. Most of the time he stays on my shoulder :).

NOW, I DO have a problem with the starling and they keyboard.:D LOL!
Ducky (my Star) will sit, stand, and sleep on my keyboard, mousepad, and go after things on the computer screen.

-Hilly

·
Registered
103 Posts
Edy occasionally sits on my hand while I'm typing, but she's usually on my shoulder or on the back of my chair (just because of that, I had to go downstairs and find some fabric that's easy to clean to drape over it because the fabric on my chair is hard to get poop out of). There are lots of interesting things on my desk, though, particularly the spiral binding on the sketchbook I use as a mousepad, the cord of my headphones, my plastic-covered address book (it has bite marks in the plastic), and of course the screen. My desk has too much stuff on it, really. XD

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Laptops are the worst. Cookie will jump down and quick as a flash will have ripped off five keys before i have shooed her away. :eek: There are about 3-4 keys that are now completely wrecked thanks to Cookie's handy work, i have to press these little rubbery things to make them work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts