Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I walk by Oscar's cage I ask him what he's doing. Now he says it LOL. If I go up to his cage he'll run over (literally sprints) and goes "what ya doin? spazz, what ya doin?" haha.

Now he can say hi, spazz, oscar and what ya doin.

Also, the other day while he was outside, a flock of galah's flew over. When they were gone I could still hear one and it sounded mighty close so I went to investigate in case there was an injured one on the ground or something..... It was Oscar. He can now mimic my cockatiels, my conure's warning call, and galah's. Oscar you cheeky monkey :love:

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Hahaha o my gosh, when you put "spazz" in his talk, I thought you were calling HIM the spazz not him saying it!! What a hoot!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha it's pretty funny! It started because my husband would call him a spazz when he would roll around on the bottom of his cage playing with his toys.... Then he started saying it lmao!

The possibilities are endless with this bird. I want to teach him to say each of the dogs names (I have 3) and then I want to teach him to say "sit" afterwards, so he'll end up saying "Bailey/Chloe/Whiskey, sit" bahaha.

·
Registered
786 Posts
That's too cute! I love when they talk. Milo kisses his broccoli then says to it "give a kiss"...silly boy.

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
That's awesome :D Oscar's a rainbow lorikeet, right? Loki's going through puberty right now and he's been rather frisky lately.. and has also started mumbling like an angry old man and stomping from perch to perch. :p We suspect that he might start talking soon. They are such strange, quirky birds!!

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Every time I walk by Oscar's cage I ask him what he's doing. Now he says it LOL. If I go up to his cage he'll run over (literally sprints) and goes "what ya doin? spazz, what ya doin?" haha.

Now he can say hi, spazz, oscar and what ya doin.

Also, the other day while he was outside, a flock of galah's flew over. When they were gone I could still hear one and it sounded mighty close so I went to investigate in case there was an injured one on the ground or something..... It was Oscar. He can now mimic my cockatiels, my conure's warning call, and galah's. Oscar you cheeky monkey :love:
That be cool to see wild parrots just fly by

1 - 6 of 6 Posts