Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into a pet shop today just to look around and a GORGEOUS normal male tiel won my heart over. He was an adult in an aviary with another male, but he sat next to the wire and i scratched his head for 10 mins. Meanwhile i was whistling at his cage mate and it was whistling back at me, but the scratchy one was adorable. If it weren't for parents he would've come home with me for sure. :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
awww he sounds adorable, don't you just hate that going into a store falling in love and can't bring them home :( I try not to look at the birds when I go in because I want to bring them all home :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i haven't been into a pet shop with birds for ages, so it hasn't been a problem. :p Maybe i should keep avoiding them. He was just so healthy and friendly!

In other news they had the type of cage i have but powder coated, and for $195 which is a great price for a local cage. I might keep that in mind and save up some money. ;)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Oh, I know the feeling..just a while ago that happen to me with a normal gray. I think I too posted about it. They can be such sweethearts!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Am I the only one that has absolutely no self control? I think there's only been 2 days when I've visited and haven't brought an animal home :(. Tomorrow I might go to the store and see if they have any pellets...and maybe some more budgies.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I get that feeling when ever I go into a petshop, I always have to go to the bird section and look them. I have already come home with two budgies that I wasn't supposed too! :eek:

That tiel sounded adorable, if that was me, he would be coming straight home with me!

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
i no the feeling yesterday the petstore had 2 all yellow budgies i have a spare cage but i have 4 budgies and stretch

·
Registered
90 Posts
My parents were (are) always against me getting birds .They've threatened to ground me ,take away my computer stuff like that if I get more and one on occasion even release them o_O. But they are push overs :) they've never done anything . The only thing they have not moved on is me building a pond but I'll have it before christmas you wait and see :).

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
my kids are lucky I am the opposite parent I am the one bringing everything home, pretty much every pet they have asked for they got :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my kids are lucky I am the opposite parent I am the one bringing everything home, pretty much every pet they have asked for they got :D
I wish my parents were like that!!! I think if it were just dad, we'd have all sorts of pets but mum hates animals.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I wish my parents were like that!!! I think if it were just dad, we'd have all sorts of pets but mum hates animals.
I know that Bea, growing up I had a few pets but not as many as I would have liked, my mom hated animals as well and my dad wasn't really big on them either, don't know where my love of animals comes from because no one in my family really has any or really likes them.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have an aunt who always has animals, other that her though my family isn't very animal-mad. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts