Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tiel!! Yes, today we were only supposed to look because we hadn't got a cage yet, but she had a cage that I bought of her so I could could take her/him home there and then. I didn't tell anybody on here incase it all went wrong like before lol but it didn't. Anyway, the breeder is not too sure about the sex but is leaning towards female. What do you think?

Here s/he is:

My dad who ummm.thought having a tiel was a "bad idea". :p

She is just such a sweetie...I LOVE her..

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
YAY!!! finally Rosie you must be so happy!! congrats your new tiel is gorgous any names yet? how old is your new baby? its looks like a grey with pearling on my end is that correct? I am no expert on guessing of the sex...lol but I would guess male

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I agree with birdieness it is hard to tell I am forgetting that the pearl female has a yellow face, I was just looking at the yellow and thinking its awfully bright...lol but they say the female of the pearls is the more attractive and males look like more of a grey whatever it might be it sure is cute

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Oh wow!! Finally you got your tiel. :D I'm so happy for you! How old is she? My dad wasn't sure about getting a tiel either, but he loves them now - especially Bailee. I bet soon you won't be able to keep your dad away. :p

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody - I am so happy I finally you my dream tiel. She is just perfect . I spent the whole evening giving her head stritchies, hehe. I forgot to mention that this tiel is the same place as Plukie got Dooby from. She is a lovely lady.
Oh and she is 11 weeks old. :)
And I am completely useless at names, any would be really appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Adorable baby! I'm so glad you finnally got a tiel! :) Adorable! I really think that is a little girl!

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Wow she is too sweet :D You must be so happy :) I would think Oliver for a boy and pearl for a girl. Let us know the name you chose for her when you do. Again so cute :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
WOW Rosie...you FINALLY got your tiel!!!!!!! Aren't you so so so happy?????? I know I was when I got Ella just a few days ago...she is just a few weeks younger than Ella too...hmmm names...how about for boy/girl: Wisper, Cuddles, Rain, boy: Prime, Timmy, Pete Girl: Dixie, Dayla, Cloudia, sweet pea...how about those????

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Oh Rosie!!!! I am so pleased for you, now, don't forget that the lady said that Dooby was a female!!! Anyway, apart from that, she is beautiful, so pretty!!!! I didn't think she was breeding again until Easter.....although when I picked up Dooby, she said she thought their might be one more brood on it's way. So was she part of that brood. Oh I am so pleased for you, yes, she is a lovely lady, did you see all the other parrots that she has, the blue and gold macaw? Well, if your little lady is a quarter of the joy that Dooby is, I just know that you will be happy with her. You have to choose a pretty name for her, she's such a little darling.

P.S. I've just shown Dooby a photo of his half-sister. I can see the family resemblance, wings, feathers, beak...etc. etc. lol.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everybody - she is perfect, such a sweetie. I'm beginning to think more and more she is female. She is 1. very cuddly, and 2.doesn't really make that much noise. Although that could change because she's only been here a couple of days. I am still on names, I like Wisper thanks Mal.

Plukie, I think that you might of misunderstood. :D I meant that the lady that I saw advertised in the shop window wasn't breeding again until Easter lol. Anyway. I did see her absolutely BEAUTIFUL birds, especially the Macaw - did she show you it dancing....it was too funny! :D

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Oh my mistake, I thought you meant the Dooby lady. No, I didn't see the macaw dancing.........I'd have loved to have seen that.

I so pleased that you are happy with your baby, she was worth the waiting for by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh my mistake, I thought you meant the Dooby lady. No, I didn't see the macaw dancing.........I'd have loved to have seen that.

I so pleased that you are happy with your baby, she was worth the waiting for by the sounds of it.
Yes, she was definitely worth the wait and all thanks to you. If you hadn't of given me the number then I wouldn't have my baby...so thanks. :)

Ps - the "Dooby Lady" is called Christine. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts