Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Gucci, cause my pops didn't like the idea of me being called a Coach!

I am 28 days old as of this writing. I was pulled from my actual parent's nest cause someone in that bird mansion just didn't want me to have a nice feathered head. My pops had to intervene and remove me from that nest to save what little feather I had left. The first few days after being fostered by pops, he didn't know what the heck he was doing! Always forcing this tube thing into my mouth and gushing icky paste out and making me swallow it. HOW RUDE!!! Well, it took a few days of me being hungry to realize how great the paste tasted! Now, I gladly and promptly chirp every 4 hours to remind pops to do this routine everyday :rolleyes:

By the way, he's always saying how he's so greatful about finding this forum, and how I should be thankful of the people in here. Without them, pops wouldn't have known how to properly take care of me... so, I will take this opportunity to say... THANK YOU everyone :love:

Now that we're done with the pleasantries... I HAVE AN IDENTITY CRISIS!!!

I don't know who my biological parents are and whether I'm a boy or girl!!! :eek:

All I know is my father is most likely that mocho gray (pops says he noticed a patch of whitish/yellowish feathers on the back of it's neck). Could it be an indication of some sort? As for my mother, well, I had 2 taking turns feeding me while I was inside the nest. One was a lutino and the other was a pastel face gray. I'm just not quite sure who the real mom is. :confused: Anybody got the slightest?

P.S.... pops is still learning but he thinks I'm a boy :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
he is a pied, and im sure he is a male. despite his bald head, hes adorable lol

not sure on parents in this case... :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe, thanks!

So it is still possible to use the wing spotting technique to sex pied mutations? Some resources are conflicting. :confused:

I am quite curious who the parents are and how Gucci became a pied. Does that mean the father is a gray split to pied? Sorry, still learning here... :blush:

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
if he is a baby, yes, you look at the feathers closest to the body that ARE NOT pied. if theyre spotted he'd be a girl. but theyre not spotted so he is a boy.

·
Registered
13,610 Posts
the father has tick marks on the back of his head so he is split pied, but the mother has to carry it too... which is why i think it might be the lutino as i cant see any splits in the pastelface

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great! thanks for the information! and I agree that it should be the lutino mother. She was the most diligent and consistently went into the nest box.

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I agree, father is split pied and baby is a visual pied. Very cute:love:...especially his super yellow crest feathers!!! You know though, if you were to get dad and the pastel face girl together, you'd end up with some pastelface babies because dad is split WF and PF is a form of WF and is dominant to the WF gene.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know though, if you were to get dad and the pastel face girl together, you'd end up with some pastelface babies because dad is split WF and PF is a form of WF and is dominant to the WF gene.

:blink: That would be great!! and actually, the likelihood of that happening is there since the male seems to be bonded with BOTH females!!! You've just made me anxious about their next clutch!! :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts