Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if we can share experiences on what to expect when our tiels get older. Spike is having tantrums once in a while and he gets nippy too. So if anyone with an older tiel or even just a baby tiel would like to post their observations that would be great :D

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
The boys usually go through hormonal phases where they're little devils. :p For some it passes, and others keep their bratty behaviours. I've also found that Bailee doesn't sing so much just for the sake of singing. He only sings for a purpose (e.g. flirting with Cookie).

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Well...I just got Ziggy boy a month ago so I don't have experience with boys but I can tell you about a mature female..When broody they will scream for no reason, do "the dance" with toys or...pretty much anything, they are constantly trying to find a dark nest spot...it can get pretty annoying...

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Oh please let it pass, oh please let it pass, please don't let this hormonal behaviour be the normal pattern for Dooby.......*gets off knees*

Naughty, nippy, nice, nasty......in equal measures. That just about sums up Dooby at the moment.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Oh please let it pass, oh please let it pass, please don't let this hormonal behaviour be the normal pattern for Dooby.......*gets off knees*
LOL!!! :p I was the same with Bailee. I'm sure it will pass for Dooby too.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Bailee is not too moody anymore how is he now compared to how he was? Spike is biting me right now for typing on HIS key board :eek:

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Bailee has his moments, but he's cuddly most of the time. Bailee also sits himself on my keyboard and bites if i try to use it. :p

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Bailee has his moments, but he's cuddly most of the time. Bailee also sits himself on my keyboard and bites if i try to use it. :p
Ollie was doing the same thing last night to me, little stinker is banned from the keyboard :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Ziggy's been pretty sweet and quiet- he's always chattering just not loud. He has his moments where he like to scream but they only last a few seconds at times. From what I've been reading I should be expecting a turn for the "worse" soon...?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts