Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am here again with new pictures, they are growing so fast!
Kiwi and Jello (maybe even Noodle) are trying their wings in the nest I hear them moving around, knocking on the walls, flapping their wings and of course peeking out of the box ;)
I weighed them today, everything looks great, I am very glad :love:
They are all grabbing my fingers when I take them out with my other hand, they like being on my chest and listening to me, Peanut is the only one who is developing a suspicious approach towards the environment but he calms down easily. Kiwi, Jello and Noodle also started to nibble on my chin...super cute
:love::love::love:

Are cinnamons bigger than greys or pearls? Noodle looks bigger than her older siblings but maybe it has nothing to do with her type?

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Very adorable...no cinnamons aren't genetically bigger, it could be that she's the oldest so that's why she's bigger. She got the best of everything, she got the super mushy food from the parents as a newbie, and they fed a certain consistency based on her age not any of the others.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
They are so dang adorable.. :)

My Cinnamon was over all larger than my other chicks, weight and body size. My Pearl is fatter and shorter. And my Greys seemed to fall in between. I'm not sure if this is typical or not.. just what I have experienced so far with mine.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Noodle was the third baby, that is why I asked :) Kiwi, the pearl cinnamon looks a bit shorter than the others too but actually hard to tell :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ooooh, I remember these cuties from the previous pictures you posted when they were younger. The resason being is that they had such adorable names! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think I still favor little Jello, but they are all so adorable and growing fast!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what mutations are the parents? any pictures ?
The parents are greys..however I think Skye's sibling was a lutino/or cinnamon pearl, she was on sale too when I bought Skye, back then I had no idea about mutations...and the breeder we got Sam from said he was producing pearl babies...?? Actually I am not sure :) I wish someone could tell me :)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
They are both normal greys, as you said. Dad is split to cinnamon and pearl, and possibly whiteface. Mom is split to pied.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Sam has to be split to cinnamon and pearl since he had cinnamon and pearl babies, females cant be split to these mutations.

He also has white edging to his face mask which can be an indication of being split to whiteface.

I can tell Skye is split to pied because she has yellow feathers in her crest and back of head.

These are Susannes illustrations, http://media.photobucket.com/image/...nd-more/Other birds/Split-to-WF-adult.jpg?o=6

http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/...rds/?action=view&current=Sam-splits-ILLUS.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh my gosh, those are just the cutest babies. Fascinating following posts explaining colouring and mutations. Now I have to go take a better look at my guy! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts