Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently, and kind of abrupt, became a bird owner. So now I have to beautiful cockatiel girls(?), approx. 5 months old, and have had to Google to my fingers bled to best give them the care the need and deserve. And so I came across this forum! I will probably have lots of dumb newbie questions, and how lucky am I, to now have found a place to ask them!?

I am from Norway, and English is a secondary language to me, so please show mercy if I should mess up the grammar or spelling.

In addition to the new birds we have a dog and two cats. The cats have shown a little curiosity to the bird cage, but no more than that, thankfully! Now, just a few weeks after the birds moved in, they basically just show disinterest!

So, that's the intro on me! :pearl:

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum! :)

Ooh, I've always been fascinated by Norway and Norway's culture. I'd love to visit there one day!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! ^_^ I'm so happy that you're doing your research on your new fids! :)

In addition to the the forums, you can also check out the articles in the stickies for information: http://talkcockatiels.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Have fun with your little ones and I hope to see you around the forum! (We love seeing pictures, by the way! ;) *hint, hint*)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We are all glad to help in anyway we can so ask away! Yes we do like pictures here too :)
Have a great day!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quoted from another thread (I hope that's not against forum rules, but I felt the comment needed an answer.)

Charlotte said:
(...)I do hope you're not put off, Nyx.(...)
I'm not. Not yet anyways. ;) I can enjoy a (good) discussion! Also, I got a little more insight to the reactions as the thread developed on.

(And WOW, that winky-smiley looks really seasick.. ;))

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum!! ^_^ I'm so happy that you're doing your research on your new fids! :)

In addition to the the forums, you can also check out the articles in the stickies for information: http://talkcockatiels.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Have fun with your little ones and I hope to see you around the forum! (We love seeing pictures, by the way! ;) *hint, hint*)
Pictures will come, as soon as I find out how to post them! Hahaha.

Welcome!

If you have any questions be sure to ask! :)
I will. Both have questions and ask them! :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, and to avoid stepping on any toes, is there any unwritten rules I need to know about on this forum? Any smileys that have a "hidden", special meaning, any coding that means that I'm angry or something else?
I come from another forum that also uses the vBulletin platform, so if I do something that makes no sense to you (like bolding the parts of RowdyTiel's message I answered to, I don't know if you do that here?) it's just habit. Don't hesitate to ask if something needs clarifying, it'll take me some time getting into "the local jargon". :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok, let's see if I can get this right...
This is my babies!

cropped_1432742022893.jpg

cropped_DSC_0246.jpg

Edit: Wow, the pictures are so tiny, how do I get them bigger without linking to them from an online location?

Let's try something else...

There, that's better! Now you can actually see who's in the pics! ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Such beautiful fids!! :love: What are their names?
Ehm... They don't have names yet. At first we weren't sure of their gender, so we were debating whether to give them gender neutral names or to wait 'till we were more sure of their gender. And it turned out to be harder than I thought, to find two awesome, gender neutral names that sounded good together. :p

But now, I think we have decided to believe they're hens, and name them as females. So now we have to find them girly names, that are both sweet and cute and strong and awesome. Did I mention that I don't do well with compromise? knegg.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts