Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I got my cockatiel on Sunday! I'm sorry I haven't been very active this week, it's been so busy. Not only did I get a 'tiel, I had exams everyday AND broke my little finger on my right hand (I'm right handed, exams were very painful :( ).
Anyway, I got my Cockatiel haha, his name is Peachy and he is a Cinnamon Pied. I actually don't know if he is a she or he :lol:, because of his colouring, and the fact he is only 9 weeks old :p. He really likes snow peas haha.
Here is a link to a vid I took with an into :):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9X2xW5NS_E

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear about your finger, would've made exams 100 x worse!

Congrats on your new baby, s/he is absolutely adorable, I love her/his name too. :love: :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch, sorry to hear about your finger, would've made exams 100 x worse!

Congrats on your new baby, s/he is absolutely adorable, I love her/his name too. :love: :D
Hehe ^^, thanks I think s/he appreciated the compliment :eek:, he chirped at the screen while I was reading it hahah :lol:. He is preening on my shoulder at the moment :p.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Lol, what a pig. I love cinnamon pieds, definitely one of the nicest mutations out there - not that I'm biased or anything having two of my own. ;) Are you going to get him DNA'd to find out gender, or just wait and see?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Aww what a lovely Video of your baby,
im amazed at how quick he's polishing of that Salad "Snow Pea" :D

sorry to hear about your injury,
all will be ok in the end chin up you have your first Tiel :D

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Congrats, he is beautiful :love: I broke my pinkie finger on my left hand before. If you want me to come somewhere with you all you have to do is grab my left hand :p I hope your finger heals well :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
hope your pinkie will heal soon.
Congrats on your new cute tiel :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
AWwwwwwww isnt he the most adorable little thing!!! :D He looks so at home already!! I can see why you are so pleased with him, he is a beauty!

I love cinnamon pieds too ;) They are so cute.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry about your finger . . . that's got to hurt!

Peachy is . . . . . well, just Peachy! So adorable and gorgeous coloring. Thanks for posting your video.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations on your new tiel! He/she is beautiful and nicely marked.

Do you know the color of the parents? If the mother did not have any cinnamon them it would be a female. If both parents had cinnamon then it could be either sex.
I don't know the colours of the parents, I could email the breeder and try to fidn out :p, so I'll give that a go maybe that would help.

Thanks for all the replies guys :p, and sorry I took so long to reply back >.<. I'm just planning on seeing what he/she is when they start to show or not show the tell tale behaviors. So far Peachy is very vocal, but it's just the short chirps so I don't think that really gives anything away. And he/she also likes to chew everything in sight haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts