Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cockatiel that I got in april and she always shows off her wing and I don't know if it hurts or if she just holds her wing out? I thought it was funny cause I would always say pretty wing and now I wonder if maybe somethings wrong, but she looks like she has loose feathers could that be it? well thanks for any info... Melissa

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
she could be stretching as well

is it just when you walk into the room? - This is also their way of saying hi - alot of things i read said it's not but mine do it when I tell them hi, or when I walk into a room, they'll stop what they're doing and pull out their wings.

or does she do it constantly?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
she's prob. just doing it because she's showing ya she likes you - and since you complement her she'll do it each time

I just got another quaker (yes i said another one lol that makes 4) and If I tell her to wave high She'll do one of 2 things or both but not at the same time

Either lift her foot up every time I say high, her lift her wings up a bit when I say hi or "say hello"

then the one cockatoo we got with her, if you tell him its time to put on his deodorant he lifts his wing real high so my b/f can " put on deodorant" for him (of course hes just rubbing under his wing with his hand an nothing else.

·
Registered
670 Posts
if your wrroied take her to the vet to have her wings checked

i had jo jo on my shoulder and hermione flicked water at her and she put her wings up, i thought it was a gression but if it was she would have bitten me, so i think she was trying to bath lol,

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
If that's her way of saying hi, then that's so frigging cute. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.