Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought of a great idea to get your tiels to eat any veg well today my mam got the Nutribullet it makes smoothies and I was thinking of making a vegetable smoothie and giving it to the tiels is this a good idea.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have a nutribullet too! Murray does eat smoothies, but only because she sees me with them and only if I feed them to her on the end of a straw :p Perhaps if you didn't blend the veg up completely but just did it for a few seconds you could make a very fine chop? I mean so it's more like mushy chunks than smoothie. That might work! It will only need a very short moment in the blender though - one second even. Give it a try and let us know how it goes :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got my previous tiel, Pip, to eat veggies like that. I used a regular blender, but it basically turned it into a smoothie with a few chunks through it. I just started by mixing some seeds through - he had no choice but to taste the veg to get the seeds, so he soon got used to the taste and then started to enjoy it. :)

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a nutribullet too! Murray does eat smoothies, but only because she sees me with them and only if I feed them to her on the end of a straw :p Perhaps if you didn't blend the veg up completely but just did it for a few seconds you could make a very fine chop? I mean so it's more like mushy chunks than smoothie. That might work! It will only need a very short moment in the blender though - one second even. Give it a try and let us know how it goes :)
Rocko and Loki will drink anything thats watery I like your idea too ill try that.Also have u had the Nutribullet long I wanna get lots of nice recipes I also saw u can put nuts in too.

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I LOVE my Nutribullet. I make healthy juice for myself everyday!

I've given some to my birds, but they don't like it. They like their vegetables solid, not liquified

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE my Nutribullet. I make healthy juice for myself everyday!

I've given some to my birds, but they don't like it. They like their vegetables solid, not liquified
Didnt know so many people on here have the Nutribullet my mam was gonna get the NutriNinja my mam is going out later to get lots of fruit and vegetables to make different smoothies cant wait to taste them.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This is a great idea :) I will add it to my list of tricks for converting stubborn eaters! Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Banned
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just made my first smoothie it smells sweet and sour and tastes so nice if you wanna try it the ingredients are: 1 pressed apple,4 pressed grapes green and red I added alot and 1/3 mashed banana and 8 squashed blueberries I added alot lol.It tastes delicious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts