Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Thank you i'm hoping they're more succesful than my others ( pearl and hop a long didn't work because i found out he was to old -which explained the infertile eggs now if i could just get his mind off of nookie I walked in to them doing it in front of everyone , right in the middle of the community cage :eek: and no matter how many times i tapped on the cage or put my hands in the cage and told them stop he didnt STUBBORN but lol), Bart and Lily have been together for a few months they've done their business many times but nothing at all :(

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you

I got the pics uploaded on the pc just waiting on a video to get done on Photobucket so i can upload my pics next

she had 2 in row went to take a pic of one, Looked @ the picture after i put it on my pc and there were 2 - sneeky lil girl lol

Wierd thing is - she didn't have the normal "big poop" she should of before laying an egg and she still doesnt :confused:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are 2 of her eggs (I got to get the camera back there again she had a 3rd egg on the 13th, it's hard to get pics of thier eggs the don't move when you tap on the box before lifting the lid often, like my budgies do lol)

both Mom and dad sit on the eggs and have been since the 1st one was laid :D

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you

I've tried several times through out the day to get a picture of all 3 eggs - but they aren't up for that, either both are in the nest box when i try or one of them and they won't move for nothing LOL

but I'll eventually get one (by then they'll prob. be 4 eggs lol)

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They had thier 5th egg today (thought she'd stop at 4 that's all pearl had) but differnt bird differnt amount :)

they're awesome parents If they're not both in the box with the eggs it's always one or the other and the one out never stays out for long,

I went in to water them this morning (my b/f feeds them I water and change the paper and do all the cleaning he helps sometimes lol), and I always start our watering session off with a "good morning ya'll" and then I whistle to them, well i heard a whistle back but it sounded like it was behind a closed door (that sort of muffled sound) well when i got closer to the whistling it was Sun Dance whistling to me from inside the nest box :love:

even know he's gonna b a daddy, and pulling daddy duties he still wants his whistling time with me (since he still won't let us touch him what so ever we have whistling time Lol)

I'll try to get a updated pic - hopefully i won't have any surprises like i did when i went to take the pic of the 1st egg (ended up bieng 2 and didn't know it til i uploaded my pics onto the computer LOL)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.