Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hii there i am a new cockatiel owner, i have 2 cockatiel :grey tiel: i am going out for 4 days so , is this is neccesary to take with me ??? . I installed a automatic gravity food feeder and also automatic water feeder so can i leave them alone for 4 day maximum once a month (not every month) ??. As there are two so i feel that they may not feel alone so give me fast suggestion and if it is nesscary to how can i take them ??? (Time is maximum in exterme case it can vary like 2 or 5 days )

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I'd definitely recommend having someone check on them, you never know what could happen while you're gone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have friends check on mine when I go places for longer than a day or so, just in case someone poops in the water or kicks all the food out of the feeder or something

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Please keep someone to check on them. I take cutie with me if i am travelling by car for 4 hours (max) with short breaks and tasty treats in between so that he feels ok.

For long leaves and when i travel for long journey..i keep cutie either in breeder's home from where i got him or i search for pet lovers who can take care of my birdie for those days..i give them all the stuff my birdie needs :)

Please don't leave them alone.. as birds easily freak out if they hear loud noise etc , they can hurt themselves with Night fright and also as @ shesaravenclaw said earlier what if one of them kicks the food out..so better keep someone to check on them as others have suggested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I work in my shop during the day and I always leave classical music on when he is alone. Especially if it is over night. I read that the only time in the wild that it is quiet is when there is a predator near so I always leave some noise on. If left for days I think it would be a good idea.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I too would have someone check on them, unless there is someone who can stay with them. The longest we have left Joey alone is 28 hours and I was a nervous wreck. I'm fine while we are at work, since he has his toys, food, water, treats and radio, but anything longer than 10 hours and I fret.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If left for days I think it would be a good idea.
I'm sorry, but no matter what you do it is NEVER a good idea to leave your bird alone for days. Either take him with you (if you can) or find a birdsitter that you can trust. If you tell us your general location, one of us may be able to do it or may be able to recommend a boarding place/sitter near you.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TIEL ALONE FOR FOUR DAYS. So much can go so wrong. The automatic feeder/water could get stuck leaving him starving, he could break a blood feather and bleed out, he could have a fright and injure himself (music isn't enough to be certain that that won't happen), and so many other things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts