Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like this is a weird situation but my partner is going away for a long while (a year) and I’m stepping up to take care of his cockatiel.
So I can stick my hand in the cage, she would be fine. I can scratch her, hand feed her and everything would be fine. The only think I can’t do is get her out and interact with her outside of her cage, even when she is on my partner. She will gladly fly onto and interact with his sister but not me.
How do I get her to like me or, well, come out of the cage and interact outside of the cage with me? Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can't force the situation. Let her chose when she wants to interact, just leave the cage open. Using your phone watch bird videos, she will instantly fly to you and just don't touch her unless she bows her head down for scratches, They hate the fingers until they say to use them. She will love you and the phone as long as you show bird videos or put the camera on flip so she can see herself. My bird hates my little boy unless he has the phone and that;s how he lures him into spending time with him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts