Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so over the last few years there were some pretty cool Get To Know threads here. i thought we could start a general one - anyone can post and answer the question\fill in the blanks :)

Where you live:
Favourite animal (if broad, specify):
Favourite colour:
Hobbies:
How long you've kept tiels for:
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.):
And.... your favourite ever photo of your tiel\s:

ok. let's see how we go!

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Where you live: Washington
Favourite animal (if broad, specify): Dogs, I love border collies or labs
Favourite colour: Blue
Hobbies: writing, reading, bird keeping (lol)
How long you've kept tiels for: Has it really been four years?
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.): Currently working on getting my vet tech degree through pennfoster and working part time as a cashier
And.... your favourite ever photo of your tiel\s: Me and my girls, both are no longer with me but they're my angels.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where you live: Near Melbourne, in Australia
Favourite animal (if broad, specify):Birds (surprise!), i love cockatiels but one day i want an eclectus :)
Favourite colour: green
Hobbies: music (piano and saxophone), sewing, crafting
How long you've kept tiels for: 2 months shy of 2 years (wow!) that went fast.
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.): school, and i work a couple of shifts a week at a bakery
Bjorn - don't know why i love it so much! i think it's just seeing him "without a crest" and mid-preen is so comical :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where you live: Texas
Favourite animal (if broad, specify): Tough call! Probably boelens pythons, but I also love large spotted genets, and my favorite bird changes weekly!
Favourite colour: purple
Hobbies: art and illustration, reptile(and bird) keeping, meditation, games
How long you've kept tiels for: I'm new, so only really a few weeks, but my boyfriend has had his tiel for 7 years!
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.): Veterinary technician

It isn't the prettiest picture ever, but it was the first day where she was *mine* as well as Nathan's, so it was a really special day! We bonded lots, so it's a sweet picture to me!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Where you live: Melbourne, Australia
Favourite animal (if broad, specify): dogs, cats, birds
Favourite colour: Forest green, dusky pink.
Hobbies: research, guild wars 2...and apparantly cleaning bird cages must be a hobby because I keep getting more to clean!
How long you've kept tiels for: 6 years, or on and off for 14 years
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.): I work Ada teacher at a special school, with students aged 7-10, which intellectual impairments and a range of other comorbid disorders (mainly autism)
And.... your favourite ever photo of your tiel\s: I will always love this photo of my beloved Jack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Where you live: Corn Country aka Indiana
Favourite animal (if broad, specify): Horses and dogs! Specifcally, Quarter Horses and Golden Retrievers
Favourite colour: Turquoise Blue
Hobbies: Art, music, reading, writing, aviation
How long you've kept tiels for: 5 days!!!!!
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.): I'm a high school student who is homeschooled through an Academy up in Chicago.
He was looking right at the camera xD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Where you live: Long Island, New York
Favourite animal (if broad, specify): Dogs, specifically herding ones. I have a Collie and a Sheltie, and tiels of course ;)
Favourite colour: Hunter Green
Hobbies: crafty things
How long you've kept tiels for: I got my first tiel 6 months ago. I have had birds my whole life though
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.):Im going to school for medical assisting at night, I do hair and makeup as work

Hank decided to play in her seeds after she took a bath:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where you live: Corn Country aka Indiana
Favourite animal (if broad, specify): Horses and dogs! Specifcally, Quarter Horses and Golden Retrievers
Favourite colour: Turquoise Blue
Hobbies: Art, music, reading, writing, aviation
How long you've kept tiels for: 5 days!!!!!
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.): I'm a high school student who is homeschooled through an Academy up in Chicago.
He was looking right at the camera xD
i'm homeschooled too!! cool :)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Neato! I didn't know there were other homeschoolers here. :)
i was so surprised! i don't do homeschooling through any institution though, my mum just chooses textbooks which we work through :)
what about you? what academy do you do it through? i think that homeschooling is much more popular in America than it is in Australia...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I know! Same here! :D
My sisters and I go through Christian Liberty Academy. We pick out our books and they send them along with tests to us. We do the work and send in tests as we go. They then, grade the tests send the results back to us. :) It's an accredited school.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Where you live: Charleston, South Carolina
Favourite animal (if broad, specify):dogs (any breed, I love them all), cockatiels, gerbils
Favourite color: yellow
Hobbies:reading, exotic birds, walking, coffee,lol, animal and human psychology
How long you've kept tiels for: 18 months
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.):commercial cleaning, school - office admin
And.... your favourite ever photo of your tiel\s:will try to upload some later

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where you live: Waldron,Michigan (teeny tiny town in the middle of nowhere)
Favourite animal (if broad, specify): I love every kind but my favorite animal would have to be an elephant
Favourite color: blue
Hobbies:reading, writing poetry, aquascaping, gardening, painting, putting puzzles together
How long you've kept tiels for: a little over a year
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.):I am a stay at home mom of 3 kids, it's technically 4 when my husband isn't working ;-). I am currently homeschooling my oldest who is 6.
And.... your favourite ever photo of your tiel\s: I haven't figured out how to upload from my phone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
wanna add that I'm going 19 years old:p
Where you live: I live in Iceland in the capital Reykjavík
Favourite animal (if broad, specify): I love all animals but I think wolfs and there relatives are my fav.
Favourite colour: Is blue and red
Hobbies: Animals, singing, nature, Pc games, books, Comics fav is Wolverine, Manga, anime
How long you've kept tiels for: Almost a month
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.): I'm in College and I work as the cleaning lady at a dentest
Just snaped it

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
Wow! Neato! I didn't know there were other homeschoolers here.
I was homeschooled for a semester in high school. My dad is a high school history teacher and I got sick half way through freshman year. Instead of having to take the comprehensive exams at the end of the year (if you miss so many days, you have to take these tests, unless you get something like a hospital homeboud, which we tried for but the Dr was a butthead and wouldn't sign it while my surgeon, who couldn't sign it told me to take another week off.) and these comps are super duper hard and have the potential to lower your grade point average immensely. So my dad got two history books from the local high school and we made a lesson plan for each class and I did two history classes and stayed home with my little brother. I wrote my own finals (dad's idea, he thought I would learn well that way, he looked them both over before I took them and they were not open book, 100 questions each). I got a 100 on one and 99 on the other because well I decided to see if I could remember what jingism means and so help me I still can't remember it to this day lol. Dad laughed at me after that one. But yes home schooling is pretty prevalent here in the states. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,217 Posts
I live in: Rocklin, California (By Sacramento)
Favorite animal: Cat
Favorite color: Red
Things I enjoy doing: Drawing, animal care, sewing and wood-working
How long I've kept cockatiels: A year
What do I do: I am a high-school student (Junior baby! :D)
Favorite picutre: It's not my favorite, but I am picture broke. I need more pictures of him :lol:

Look at him! He's such a boob! It's like a bad school picture! :lol:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Where you live: Ohio, USA
Favourite animal (if broad, specify): birds - owls, woodpeckers, robins, and exotic birds
Favourite color: green
Hobbies: exotic birds, birdwatching, WNBA, crafts, saxophone
How long you've kept tiels for: 15 months on my own, but I've lived with tiels and other birds for almost 20 years
What do you do (ie. school, uni, work, stay at home etc.): just graduated from law school, now studying for the bar exam, and in a few months will start my job as an attorney for the state of Ohio

Ziggy - not the best quality photo, but for the first time in his 7 years of life, he was starting to enjoy a bath!

Tommy - crest in the wind!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Where do I live..Kansas
Favorite animal..This is a hard one but I guess I will have to say Dogs.All breeds are great.
Favorite color..Red
Hobbies... Reading, birds, reptiles(building natural habitats for them) Dogs, board games.
Kept tiels for only 2yrs
What do I do..I do anything that brings in extra money, mostly by cleaning houses, but also babysit, take care of an elderly lady and a paper route..

I have very few photos of the birds because they hate the camera and I am not a fan of it either.But this one is good.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts