Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

Gender guesses?

Tags
691 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Zionzion 
#1 ·
Anyone have any guesses on this lovely little one's gender? I just got them a week or so ago and only a few months old. Person we got them from said male becauase they were "smaller" than the other cockatiels but far as I know thats no valid way to tell. So any guesses?

So far i'm assuming female, shes pretty dull and rarely whistles / calls at all.

Bird Leg Beak Door Gesture

Bird Beak Feather Wood Door

See less See more
#2 ·
He/she is too young to know for sure. All baby greys look the same until after the first molt. If they're female, they will look the same as now but if they are male, they will get a bright yellow face and will lose their barred tail markings and will molt in solid grey tails.

#3 ·
Looking at it looks female, hard to tell as its very young, you will soon know when if male it will start to sing. All my males are larger then the females. Or DNA test it. It probably won't get a yellow head as it looks like its got pied on it.and not a true grey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.