Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bird, I didn't teach him to do this AT ALL! But when I take the mirror out of his cage and hide it for a second and then show him his own reflection, he wolf whistles at himself! lol! I discovered it a few weeks ago. It's adorable though! Anyone else have an experience like this? lol

-Just thought I'd give anyone who read this a little laugh. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
My cockatiel will only eat his pellets if he can watch himself doing it, but then he gets mad at his mirror self because he thinks it is hogging them all - he's silly

·
Registered
419 Posts
When Alby would have a big stretch, I would wolf whistle at him and say "Look at Alby!". Now when he stretches he wolf whistles at himself. Or he will say "look at Alby!" and wolf whistle. He knows he is a spunk.:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, Munchkin like to tell everyone , he is a pretty boy, and a good boy, even the mirror..aren't they a riot :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're adorable! =D You can teach them to talk too? I just thought they could whistle :D That's exciting! They have such cute personalities ^.^

·
Registered
419 Posts
They have MASSIVE personalities packed into small bodies. Alby says, Look at Alby, Pretty birdy, Hello Alby and Whatcha doing?.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Freddie can say "peekaboo" and "thank you" now. He doesn't flirt with his mirror self, but he does heart wings and whistles and bows to treats! :wacko: I try to hand him a sunflower seed or something, he flirts with it! Or maybe he's flirting with me and that's his way of showing appreciation for the sunflower seed.

Clyde will kiss his reflection and say "pretty birrrrrrrrrrrrd" every time, though. He doesn't have a mirror in his cage but I take him into the bathroom sometimes to show him his reflection. And Benjy argues with his mirror. Hubby says it's because Benjy thinks the bird in the mirror is going to try to steal "his girl" -- our female budgie Bonnie.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh how cute!! I'm going to have to try and get my Twitcherz to say some things. He can whistle a few things already so teaching a few words shouldn't be too hard :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's so beautiful when they do things like that. Birdy used to do that as well. It was kind of like mine and his little party trick when we had people over. Was guaranteed a laugh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts