Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just got a brand new bathroom, which was finished on Friday. Now zazu has full reign of the house when he's out apart from the kitchen. He loves our bedroom and the bathroom so we let him out and he goes straight upstairs to the new bathroom to talk to our new shiny sink taps.

I go upstairs for a wee and I hear tweet tweet. I was like zazu? Kept hearing it...searched inside the bath, behind the door, between the sink unit and the bath panel....couldn't see him but could him pattering and tweeting.

Then I realised....he was behind the bath panel and was trapped!! The bath panel is all nailed and siliconed down. The plumber boxed out a part of the room that the shower could be attached too as we had a solid wall and then tiled it. The plumber hadn't put a cover on it so zazu must have flown to the top of it and somehow flown down to the very bottom and no way of getting back up!! Thankfully we asked the plumber to create something so we could get into the box part in case there was a leak! So he created another bit of wood with tiles on and siliconed it in so if there was ever a leak all we had to do was take all the silicone off and unscrew it.

So I got my partner a knife and some pliers, crying all the time cos I knew it was dark under there and there were missing floorboards, if zazu fell down there there'd be no chance of getting him out.

It took my partner 20 minutes to descillione this part of the box, he cracked a floor tile when he opened it :'( we've only had the bathroom 2 days!!!!! Gutted!!

But he got it off and couldn't see zazu but we could hear him!!! So we shone a torch in there and shouted him and then we heard this patter patter of feet and zazu appeared and said 'hello' and flew out dead happy with himself!!

Not Impressed!!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Oh My! Indeed scary and comical at the same time...he just saunters on out with a hello and flies off like nothing happened, LOL. Glad it all came out okay in the end! :grey tiel:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Glad he is OK, it must have been scary! Isn't it just like a tiel to come pattering out to say hello? :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yup! He looked so proud of himself, just strutted out!

We are getting a tiler in next week to replace the broken tile, fixed the part of the box we had to pull out and put something on the top to make sure he won't do it again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts