Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hii I am Birdlover i have recently brought two cockatiel , I have been researching on internet about cockatiels , i came to know that non-stick pans can cause bird to die and also that strong fume of food can also cause them to die, Is this is right ? if yes then how much exposure is normal , actually I am a Indian and here in India the food item are very spicy and fumes are too strong , in home when special food is made occasionally the fume of food spread all of the home even it can be smelled from outside of house, so what would i do now ? can covering cage will prevent exposure ? what will i do ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had a Pakistan neigbours and when they cooked their dinner the whole neigborhoud smelled of their food if thats the food you are reffering to-you better take the birds outside while cooking,since smell of burning oil is defenitely dangerous. Teflon-covered frying pans are a danger also. The birds should be in an isolated room-while having good ventilation (screened window) and the room should have a well-fitting door

1 - 2 of 2 Posts