Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
SweetSue are u talking about the tubes that are the energy efficient bulbs? Are they the ones that have mercury in them? You have to be VERY careful if one should break because of the mercury. I had a couple and once I heard about the mercury, I threw them out.

Would it be possible to rig up my aquarium light with a Full Spectrum bulb? I am wondering exactly which bulbs to use. :confused:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Jasonsgal: I no longer have any aquarian. I have 2 hood lamps, one takes 2 of the short tube bulbs that was for my 10 ga. tank. I also have a small one that only uses 1 bulb. I want to use one of them for the cockatiel and want one that replaces the sunshine that we seldom have much of for the next few months here in Illinois. I'm not positive on what bulb to use. He has been molting and getting some molting & conditioning food as well as calcium and Vivi 13+ vitamins. ps: really getting into vegies . Tonight we had our own plates and he ate hardily peas, corn, long grain rice. He loved it. :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Can someone help me with what wattage full spectrum bulb to get for the cockatiel? I will be using an aquarium light, screw in bulb. This is my first tiel so I have never known anything about the bulbs to keep them healthy.

All recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts