Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I chopped up a bunch of fruits and veggies for the birds yesterday, and just combined it into a salad of sorts.

Sam LOVED it. He emptied the whole dish, and every chunk on the bottom of his cage had nibbles in it. C.J. usually loves fruits and veggies but isn't thrilled with the new dish in his cage, and Remy (the Goffin) hasn't investigated it yet.

Here's what I chopped up:

green apple
pear
red bell pepper
radish
radish greens
broccoli
carrot
zucchini

It looked so yummy I had some myself! :blush:

-SB

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Sounds very nice. :D

I really need to remind myself to get fruit and veggies when I go to the shops next.
I always forget, trying to remember plus having to get a heap of other things! :rolleyes:
I always walk out of the shops.. "OH GOD I forgot the fruit and veggies ffs" Lol.
*Gonna stick a note on my forehead to remind myself*​

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Last time i checked i couldn't see my forehead, so i'm note sure how useful a note there would be. :rofl:
:rofl: You are right, that wouldn't have been useful at all. So I got a black pen and wrote it on my hand. I had to go shopping tonight, and I FINALLY remembered, after all them times of forgetting. I got a few things like:

Plums, Grapes, Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Broccoli, Spinach, Cauliflower, Watermelon, Peaches, Corn, Mango, Lettuce, Celery, Pineapple.

I got a few things that Aly has down in the thread she made for safe veggies & fruit. :p
Now tomorrow I'm going to see if they like any of them. I know they LOVE apples, bananas, and carrot so that'll be all good they'll shove that down.​

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.