Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just wanted to introduce Freckles and myself.

I've had birds in the past but it has been several years since my last pair of cockatiels. A couple months ago both my children went off to college and I decided to consider having a bird. I wanted to make sure it wasn't an impulse buy so I waited a little while to get one. a week ago I adopted freckles who is a 3 month old sweet little pearl girl. I just love her and she loves to be held and to socialize with anyone who enters our home. She is always eager to come out and explore. I'm looking forward to the time with her and spending more time on this forum.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Welcome from Milo and I! Sounds like you are off to a great start...we love pictures here too!

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Cute 'tiel! :D

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Welcome from my herd of Misfits to you! **waves hi**

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi! Welcome from Percy and me :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you everyone for the welcome. I really like it here. I'm looking forward to learning more about tiels. Can anyone tell me do tiels molt at a certain age or is it more by season?

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Thank you everyone for the welcome. I really like it here. I'm looking forward to learning more about teils. Can anyone tell me do teils molt at a certain age or is it more by season?
It's both. Young tiels molt around 9-12 months. After that it's more seasonal. Although since most of have inside birds, it's not necessarily in tune with the regular seasons like outside birds. My tiel usually has one heavy molt a year and then one or two light molts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts