Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and thank you for looking into this post. I had recently taken my female cockatiel to a vet, one that actually has a good reputation and service, for a fractured wing. She no longer needs checkups or bandages, at least that's just what I've been told, and she no longer needs pain medication. It's been 1-2 weeks since her last visit, but I can't tell if she's actually getting better. It had seemed that her health had been improving, but today I noticed her wing looked the way as it had been fractured before. Her left (wing) area seems to be shaking, and it won't place itself as the right wing looks. It's too late at night to take her to any vet since all are closed at this hour, and I am awaiting a reply from the veterinarian right now, but I would also feel better seeking information from those who may have had been in the same situation with a fractured wing. So, does her wing look fractured? The first pic is from before, second is after.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,909 Posts
I've never dealt with a fractured wing. Did they do xrays to confirm that it was healed?

·
Registered
109 Posts
My bloke flew into the ceiling fan.It should not have been on but we forgot
The vet vet had me keep him in the cage for a month and try to minimise movement. .

Thank goodness after three weeks he was back to normal.

He still flies a around the kitchen on release from his cage shreiking at the top of voice.
I hope your bird returns to full health very soon.

Bear in mind if they go back in a big cage thy can re injure themselves from too much movement during healing.

Oz

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I wasn't there to pick her up from her last visit to the vet since I had college classes, so my grandma went in my place. I did not think to ask any questions at the moment, I had just assumed that she was healed enough and needed to be kept in a tank for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts