Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was outside filling the bird feeders when all of a sudden a bird landed on my shoulder i looked to see what bird it was it was a pure white cockatiel i brought it into the bathroom it bowed it,s head for a scritch then i got some brocolli and boy did it go to town on it so i gave it some seed also then i called the humaine society they just got a frantic call about a tiel on the loose so the owner came over and she started to give it heck i stepped in and said that you don,t treat your tiel like that i found out it was her fault as she left her door open i said if anytime you want to sell it call me her and her husband have been thinking of selling it and are going to call me next week

·
Registered
340 Posts
Some people are unbelievable arent they if a door or window is left open any bird is going to do what comes natrally and fly through it ok accidents happen but to then start shouting at the bird its not his fort i hope you do get him it sounds as if he would be better off with you. The woman is lucky he ended up with you and not in the paws of a cat or dog and the fact you called the humaine society aswell some people wouldnt have bothered

Well done you:clap:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
It would have been tempting to keep it, but you did the right thing by finding the owner :thumbu: what do you mean by giving him heck? I give mine heck all the time when there being naughty but of course in a nice way :p I don't **** or hit mine so when I say heck I mean it like I would give my children heck hope that made sense...lol
We shouldn't come down to hard on the lady I am sure it was just a reaction for her to be upset she was probably just scared that she lost him, she can't be to bad of an owner if she was looking for him, people that don't care don't frantically call the human society so that tells me she must care about her tiel ;)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Yeah, I agree with Laura, if she really didn't care then she wouldn't have reported him missing. If they do want to sell him though, he's sure going to get the best of homes with you allen.

I also tell Dooby off........I say things like.. "Right, that's it, if you are going to bite, go home!".....and he usually does. lol.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
LOL... Plukie I told Finny off when he was nipping me with that big beak of his I threatened to put him out in the garage and I swear he laughed at me :p because he knows I would never do it.

And for anyone that doesn't know me, it's just a little joke Finny and I have I would never literally put him in the garage ;)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
LOL... Plukie I told Finny off when he was nipping me with that big beak of his I threatened to put him out in the garage and I swear he laughed at me :p because he knows I would never do it.

And for anyone that doesn't know me, it's just a little joke Finny and I have I would never literally put him in the garage ;)
Oh Dooby gets threatened with the open window!! I'll say to him, "If you don't behave, you will go with all the other homeless babies out there, it's only a window catch away!"

The difference is, the way you say it. If I mean it when I tell him off, then it's a stern voice, but if I'm just messing around, I say it in such a happy voice that he thinks I'm playing anyway.....which of course I am. lol.

I would never swear at Dooby though, because he's so bright, he will probably pick it up and it will just come back at me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I would never swear at Dooby though, because he's so bright, he will probably pick it up and it will just come back at me. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't swear at Finny either or any of them for that matter but Finny more so because he listens to every word I say and I know it would come back on me :p I can just see my kids going to school now and telling everyone guess what my bird says :eek:

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
i got home tonight after getting ready for this auction and there was a phone message from the humaine society saying to call them the owner of the tiel was not willing to pay the fine for the tiel and so he surendered the tiel but the sad news is they noticed there is blood in the poo so they took it to the avian vet they deal with so far thats all i no

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I am a little confused on that as well, I know the humane society charges if they have your lost animal and you go to pick it up, but I thought you found the tiel and had it and gave it back to the lady so why would they still charge a fee to the people if they never had the tiel at the shelter :confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts