Talk Cockatiels Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I made up my mind to get Baby a friend. I'm going to be getting another cage soon, and after than comes a tiel. I am not still sure on the sex and it really doesn't matter that much to me. I really can't wait to have another little baby!:D Any tips on introductions or anything else? She is extremly spoiled by the way.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Expect a little jealousy from Baby in the beginning. Cookie didn't think much of this other bird who came along and took up mummy's time to start with. For the introduction i gave them a piece of millet, they were more or less too busy eating that to care much that there was another tiel near them.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Maya was very intreaged by Disney at first ;)

After a few hours Maya was singing/calling to her, and Disney was calling back. When otu of the cage, Maya gets jelious, and 'ack ack acks' (which is a pecking she does) to my hand or sometimes baby Disney... thats her way of saying "nooo, why are you hear you lil brat!" :rolleyes: hehe They do get a long most time, and can get within an inch of eachother and tollerate it. They have become pals, and thats just want I wanted them to be (after finding out Maya is a girl that is) lol...

Kirby :)

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I will let you know when my two get together :) so far they have heard each other but they don't really call back and forth yet I think they could care less...lol

·
Banned
105 Posts
I got my two at the same time and from the same breeder (though not related). So i can't really help you with this. Since i didn't have to introduce them together since they were already hand fed and housed in one big giant cage at the breeders place.

Though i would take it slowly. Are you planning on housing them together? Or in separate cages?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't wait really... I've been thinking about this for too long..hehe
I'm jelous...everyone here has more than one..lol

·
Banned
105 Posts
When are you getting another one? And are you getting it from a breeder or petstore? (Sorry for all the questions)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When are you getting another one? And are you getting it from a breeder or petstore? (Sorry for all the questions)
It's ok. It will probably be the petstore as I can't seem to find any tiel breeders around here...:eek: I'll hopefully be able to get him/her by the end of September...

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well there has to be breeder some were lol Keep looking. i waited over ayear to get my tiels and by chance there poped a person with breeding tiels.

I've waited a long time for this tiel. I got Baby from a petstore I always go to and they have nice babies so I wouldn't mind going there for the 2nd one.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
It's ok. It will probably be the petstore as I can't seem to find any tiel breeders around here...:eek: I'll hopefully be able to get him/her by the end of September...
Aly do you think I could get past the border with a tiel :p I could drive you up one from the breeder here...hehe 24 hrs straight no problem :p

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aly do you think I could get past the border with a tiel :p I could drive you up one from the breeder here...hehe 24 hrs straight no problem :p
I'll be in the bush waiting..lol- If you get caught my name is Tina. LoL

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
There's got to be a breeder/breeders in the area because that's where the pet shops get their babies from. ;) You could post a wanted ad online somewhere. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts