Talk Cockatiels Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this video will work.

I've had Flynn, my male cockatiel for just over a month. He is about 17 weeks old now, and still a baby!

For the past few weeks I've been trying to get him bonded with me, mainly by feeding him millet from my hand. He's been quite nervous whenever I put my hand in the cage.

Anyway, tonight i thought I'd try something different. I left the cage open for his usual evening free flight, and I thought I'd just sit on the couch with a millet spray in my hand, while watching some tv.

And what happened? Flynn had a look at me from the top of his cage, then flew down and perched on my hand to have some tasty millet!

The first time this happend I was rather surpised. The second time I got my mobile phone ready to capture the event!

Hopefully this video will work.

So it looks like Flynn is starting to bond with me! :) :pearl:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Way to go Flynn! Bravery can come in the biggest and smallest of steps. I'd say this one is a pretty big step! :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
What a sweet little guy! I would say you captured his heart! He is beautiful by the way!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flynn took another brave step this evening, flying onto the DIY play stand I made this evening from 15mm plastic push fit plumbing & fittings, wrapped with poundstore cohesive bandage. £30 for the plumbing & fittings, still plenty spare so I can rebuild the stand differently in a few weeks time to refresh it for him.

Managed to capture a video of him having some millet!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Good for Flynn! He looks quite content on the play stand, and looks so cute eating the millet. You did great on making the play stand too! Such a pretty boy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

I must admit I found a youtube video showing someone building a similar play stand, so I used that for inspiration.

Certainly much more satisfying than buying one ready made. Flynn seems to be used to it now, as he flew straight onto it when I let him out of his cage this evening!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations, and way to go Flynn! :)

Winnie's not brave enough for millet sprays yet, but she's just started taking head scratches, so I know that feeling. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts